To Drby Dad

More free speech, gone.

Their "pesonhood" is a legal fiction. The people *owning* the corporations are not.

Reply to
krw

Good reason to get the insurance companies out of the look with a "single payer system"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Precicely

Reply to
Leon

And the US government has done *such* a good job. Politicizing healthcare. What a *dumb* idea. "You don't believe in CRT, no surgery for you!"

Reply to
krw

What is wrong with her having an opinion and stating it?

No, there is not. I've been a registered Independent all my adult life. Conservative leanings, but the party of Eisenhower has gone nuts.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Interesting perspective. I think both parties have evolved to be extreme. There is probably some game-theoretic explanation, like there is for there being exactly 2 principle parties (the idea is that if you have more than 2, say 3, then 2 of them will join forces to beat the third).

Reply to
Bill

What has gone wrong is a great lack of pride and duty in both parties.

BUT who can blame them, they are not accountable and are fixed for life after being elected. Who cares if the country goes to hell in a hand basket, we are exempt!

So to join the club, lets make it to where no one has to provide any shred of proof that they are eligible to vote. In fact, let any one that walks up to a voting machine vote, especially those that believe that the government is going to hand out money for doing nothing.

Reply to
Leon

Indeed. And "Many years ago" there was no laproscopic surgery, there was no open heart surgery and vast numbers of diseases had no effective treatment. Modern imaging techniques did not exist (from CAT/PET/MRI scanning to ultransonic imaging).

And many years ago, those who could not afford it (and they were legion), simply died.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

The latest presidential poll by historians was recently released.

There are only two modern republican presidents in the top 10 (DDE and RR). The next modern republican, GHWB, hits 21 (WJC is 19), and Ford (28), Shrub (29) and Nixon (31). DJT is four from the bottom (41).

On the other side you have JFK (8), Obama (10), Johnson (11), Clinton (19) and Carter (26). I note that Carter, the traditional whipping boy of foaming-at-the-mouth republicans (like KRW) beats out all the non-top-10 republicans except for GHWB.

And personally, having voted through the 80's, RR is overrated IMO.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

A quick way to improve things it to get rid on any politician that made the national news in the past six months. That would include Chuck and Nancy, McConnell, Cruz, Graham, AOC and a few others.

Note that I said "improve" rather than fix. Not sure Congress is truly fixable.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yeah, and the party of AOC is perfectly sane. That tells us all we need to know about you!

Reply to
krw

The extreme of saving personal rights and the extreme of the collective - Maoism.

Reply to
krw

No doubt. Those trying to right the wrongs hurt feelings.

Those the simply print more money to pay for those that want to be supported by the government naturally gain popularity.

Reply to
Leon

Until our government leaders have to live by the standards that they impose on their subjects nothing will get better.

Reply to
Leon

Every one dies. And one day "our times" will look barbaric because we all did not live to be 150 years old. Life simply is not seemingly fair to every one.

Reply to
Leon

Yes, it show you are dumb making such conclusions.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The presidential historians don't care about feelings, hurt or otherwise. They look at the entire term, all aspects of the presidency, accomplishments, failures. It's not a popularity contest.

Scott Lurndal

Historians typically lean to see things with a left sided point of view. As does the media.

Trump was pretty popular with a border wall going up to regulate the inflow of undocumented people. Lowest unemployment in modern history, maybe ever. And then the dream come true for the Democrats, Covid.

The fact that Jimmy Carter is in the middle of the list is a certain sign that the numbers are what some one wants them to look like. Worst and most ineffective president ever.

These numbers come from biased stories. It will not be long before modern day citizens will want their statues torn down. Lets burn and destroy our history so we can repeat it again.

Reply to
Leon

Well, consider that those that voted are all "academics", and that universities seems to be hot-spots for democratic ideology.

Reply to
Bill

Have you ever really studied history? Or are you just parroting the Republican party line?

Do you have any evidence at all to support your assertion?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal