To Drby Dad

So if you felt I called you a troll, I apologize.

Reply to
Markem618

The back and forth is too stupid and tedious for my feelings to be impacted in any way. Anytime (the sooner the better) that you two want to give it a rest, that would be just fine.

Moving on?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Admission accepted.

Reply to
krw

Your reward

Markem618

My reward is your admission of willful ignorance.

Reply to
krw

Bye Bye

Reply to
Markem618

Have a good day. Try to learn something.

Reply to
krw

Y'all are insanely immature... I don't understand why either of you care.

Reply to
Michael Trew

Again, we come back to your incredible lack of self-awareness. ...and your lying, for that matter. More evidence of your leftism.

Reply to
krw

:: usenet nod ::

Reply to
Markem618

Did you mean to reply to me? I don't advertise a political lean, but if I did, it would NOT be left..

Reply to
Michael Trew

Well, no, I thought I was replying to Markey. Sorry!

Sometimes threading doesn't (reaches a limit). Again, sorry.

Reply to
krw

LOL, Best to lean right vs. WRONG.

Reply to
Leon

Maybe so, but I'll admit neither side is made up of "saints"... Put nationalized healthcare on the right (i.e. create a national healthcare system) and a I'll be a stronger advocate for the right.

Reply to
Bill

Go over to the Washington Post site and read the comments on articles related to smoking, COVID, and other such topics and you'll see why there is opposition to government-provided medicine. Numerous people are calling for denial of medical treatment to people with COVID who can't prove that they always wore a mask in public, or to smokers, or to the obese, or to any other group that doesn't adhere to their personal view of morality. Essentially they want to use the medical system to impose Puritanism.

Now, I know you're going to say "it can't ever happen"--I wouldn't have expected transgender rights or gay marriage to ever get the traction they are getting, so I don't buy the notion that "it can't happen".

Reply to
J. Clarke

To my mind, a "national healthcare system" would try to eliminate "discrimination". I think of it as a form of insurance so that we don't have people with prescriptions they can't afford. For instance, this week I heard about a new chemo-drug that costs $56,000/yr. I understand that "opposition" you described, but I think expect that the overall benefits outweigh the overall costs. It is clear that "successfully defining morality" is a losing game, or at least one that would only come at the cost of freedom (such as is engaged in by a few communist countries that I can think of).

Reply to
Bill

Well that's another issue. Why would it try to do that? Because the people who are pressing for it now are terminally woke? What leads you to believe that they will stay in charge?

What leads you to believe that that will be covered? Medicare doesn't cover prescription meds--you have to buy your own policy for that coverage. And don't say "Part D" until you have investigated it--you have to pay a monthly premium for that service.

There are those who would say the same about literacy tests for voting, to take one example. I do not favor giving the government more tools of oppression. We already live in enough of a police state.

You mean at the cost of "freedumb"? That's what a lot of them are calling it these days you know.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Why should I care about comments from idiots posting comments on the articles?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

That's what I figured, I got a chuckle. All is well.

Reply to
Michael Trew

In the post-trump era, after the capitol insanity, I'd say I'm pretty well firmly in the center. Both sides are nothing but greed -- it's all about money and power. I have no political loyalty -- either party is just moving further and further extreme. No one is for the people.

Reply to
Michael Trew