THIS is racism:

From AP:

"Bob Johnson, the billionaire founder of Black Entertainment Television and a Clinton supporter, sent a letter to the Congressional Black Caucus Wednesday urging the group to encourage Obama to choose Clinton as his vice presidential pick. He said he was doing so with her blessing.

Obama is seeking to become the first black president.

Clinton has told other friends and supporters she would be willing to be Obama's running mate. But her immediate task is bringing her own presidential bid to a close."

---------------

Has it occurred to anybody that 08ama wants to be president because he thinks he can turn the US around?

He does not want to become president because he's black?

I ask you, how screwed up is that news report?

Idiots!

(Have fun with this, Daneliuk. Yes, you may have to send that cute boyfriend of yours home to answer this, but he'll come back, after all, you pay him enough.)

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy

May 31st Robatoy avows:

June 4th Robatoy "gets drawn in":

Robatoy instigates:

Rob, you have an iron will.

Reply to
Woodie

You have a short memory. I returned him to you after politely explaining that I am married to a woman, happily heterosexual and monogamous. He should have conveyed my thanks to you for thinking of me in sharing from your stable, some of which is apparently human (who would have guessed). He did say that your memory wasn't the only thing that was short...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com PGP Key:

Tim Daneliuk

LOL... I can't resist this any more than Roger Rabbit resisted A Shave And A Haircut Two Bits!!!

LOL

Look, I can't allow the likes of Daneliuk to run loose in here without some accountability. I mean, talk about protesting too much, this clown has verbal diarrhoea the likes of which I haven't seen since Don King. At best he's a puppet for some neo-con, as worst, he *is* one. He does have the gift of gab though. Wouldn't it be nice if he used it to promote useful solutions rather than spewing the shit he does that everybody is wrong, but him? Vote for Reagan. Cute. *Yawn*

Reply to
Robatoy

Oh, were that the reason... C'mon. You poking at him with pointy sticks and calling him names hardly qualifies as ensuring some accountability.

You just like doing it. Admit it.

Reply to
Woodie

Indeed. Racism will be gone when no one asks "Was he black or white or asian or..." and if someone were to ask, which no one would, the answer would be "I didn't notice." That day will probably not come soon. Meanwhile, I have adopted that as my standard reply. It befuddles my friends who have racial prejudices. I refuse to recognize race as a defining human characteristic. It is no more important than color of eyes or hair.

While we're this far OT, why do those to whom race is important say that Obama is black? It would seem to me that persons who need to define people by their race could define a person who has one African parent and one Caucasian parent as black _or_ white.

For me, it comes down to this. While superficial differences between candidates, such as their sexes* is easy enough to see, when it comes to qualification to be president I do not recognize sex, race, or any other superficial difference. I do, however, recognize the difference between government by fear, ignorance, and hypocrisy -- the government we've been living under for the past seven-plus years--and government by reasoned decision-making, which is something at which Senator Obama, with his deep intellect, clearly excels.

Davoud

*Please don't use "gender" where "sex" is the correct word. Masculine and feminine and neuter are genders in grammar. Male and female are sexes.
Reply to
Davoud

some accountability. I mean, talk about protesting too much, this clown has verbal diarrhoea the likes of which I haven't seen since Don King.

The same Don King who was Shondor Birns muscle man when Birns ran the numbers in Cleveland in the late 40's, early 50s?

Did a little time in the gray bar hotel for murder as I remember.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
Charlie Self

Your post is inappropriate for this newsgroup. Are you so disrespectful of the purpose and the frequenters of this group that you incessantly flood it with posts unrelated to woodworking? Your act wears thin.

Reply to
Tom in NJ

;)

I hope everyone understands this was written in fun and with no malice intended...

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

Damn! Now you have burst my bubble! I have upset one of our contributors.... you ARE a contributor, aren't you?

Reply to
Robatoy

If you're suggesting that we shouldn't take you seriously, worry not. I haven't.

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Robatoy

Very interesting comment. That "black" blood must be some awfully potent stuff if only takes one drop of it to turn an otherwise "white" into a "black".

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

In the days of racist "Jim Crow" legislation in the American South, in some states a person was considered "black" if his ancestry was 1/64th African.

That's one African great-great-great-great-grandparent.

By that standard, I'm a Native American.

Reply to
Doug Miller

No, I'm a former lurker who has yet to contribute. What that means is neither you nor I have made woodworking contributions to the group. However, I will, in the future. Judging by your past posts, you won't.

Reply to
Tom in NJ

You are very naive, and, obviously not black. To black people, EVERYTHING is about race.

It is black people who see him as the black candidate, and the 95% of black voters in the primaries that voted for him should tell you how they view him.

Race may seem superficial, at least to you, but culturally it has huge implications in a person's viewpoints.

Reply to
Lee K

Davoud:

Tom Veatch:

Yes, indeed. So potent that it has given rise to a large movement of persons who deny the fact that Evolution is a property of all life on Earth. To accept Evolution is to accept the fact that there is only one species of mankind and that species originated in Africa. That whites and blacks are different species is a fundamental, if not widely advertised, tenet of anti-African racism.

A friend of mine who survived the Holocaust explained it thusly: "I can kill a fly or a cockroach without remorse. So can you. The first step to committing slavery and genocide is to tell yourself that the victims are no more human than cockroaches. That was the only big step the Germans had to take, and it was not so difficult a step for them because anti-Semitism ran deep in their society to begin with. Thus was racism in Germany at that time, thus it was in the era of African slavery, thus it is in much of America today."

Davoud

Reply to
Davoud

The only problem with this analysis is that African slavery began *and remains in place* in ... er ... *Africa*. Western participation in slavery was a relatively short activity - several hundreds of years - as compared to the better part of 10,000 years that slavery has flourished pretty much in every recorded culture.

In actual fact, Westerners are the first example of people who voluntarily (sometimes via civil war and unrest) *gave up* slaving. But the modern PC hypocrisy is that AmeriKKKa is a mean old bigoted place full of folks who hate other folks of color. It's demonstrable nonsense at least at any large scale, but that doesn't stop the race and class warriors like Wright, Obama, Phleger, Jackson, Sharpton et al from their constant whining about how bad things are.

Here are a few indisputable facts from the history of Western slaving of Africans to consider:

1) Who started African slavery? Africans. 2) Who were the first slave traders in Africa? Africans. 3) Who were among the first victims? Whites, at the hands of the Barbary Coast pirates. 4) Who were the first buyers? Africans. 5) After the West abandoned slavery, who continued to engage in slavery? Africans. 6) Where can you still buy African slaves today? Africa (Somalia and Mauritania). 7) Who is buying African slaves today? Arab Muslims.

In short, the so-called "anti-African racism" to which you refer, is vastly exaggerated as a matter of day-to-day life in the West. Does it exist? Sure, but that's inevitable in a pluralistic society, and it is execrable when it does happen. But why, pray tell, do the relatively minor sins of the West dominate our PC culture, but the manyfold worse abuses of the Africans themselves get almost a complete pass? You pretty much *never* hear the Obamas, Wrights, Phlegers, Jacksons, and Sharptons of the word thundering away at the moral abyss of Africa. Somehow, it's always Whitey's fault - only it really isn't. The dirty little secret of racism in the 21st century is that its greatest practitioners of bigotry are found in two places: Tribal cultures around he world, and the race-baiting black leadership in the West.

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk