fruit and vegetable bin plans

Could anyone help me out with a design plan for one of these. My elderly neighbor asked me if i knew where she could get one. I would like to build one. Thanks. She will appreciate it a lot.

Reply to
<hooami2dae

GO to H/D and take a look at the coated wire baskets in the closet hardware section.

Make wood runners for the baskets from maple.

A little tip:

Do NOT keep the onions with the potatoes.

The above will insure ventilation around the vegetables, be stronger, last longer, weigh less, and certainly cost less than trying to build something out of wood.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

See:

Nova

wrote in news:c8_1k.8583$gc5.6649@pd7urf2no:

I built one a few years ago. Just a tall skinny cabinet with raised panel sides and back and a face frame for two bins at front. Front of bin was a standard stick and cope with back lip cut off and wire mesh placed in the opening with stops glued and pinned to hold it in. The hardest part was the back of the bins that had to be radiused to allow them to tip out with the door frame hinged at the bottom. You need a radius on the bin top and the bin back sticking up enough so it won't tip out. Hope that helps. I can post a pic to ABPW if needed, but sorry no plans, I just winged it!

Jerry

Reply to
A Lurker

be what you're after.