Think I got a good deal

I purchased the Bosch 1617EVSPK router from Amazon.com. List price was $3 cheaper than Lowe's at $216 vs Lowe's $219. Then Amazon had a $25 off special on orders of greater than $200 so that applied and brought the price down to $191. Toss in the Bonus pack that included a free deluxe edge guide ($39.99) and a $100 accessory package featurning a centering cone,5/8, 7/16, and 5/16 inch template guides, plunge base dust hood, and fine adjustment extension knob too.

I'm thinking this worked out pretty good. I had been over at a woodworking neighbors house last night routing pieces of a mantel clock and we were discussing purchasing this router. He went online, found the deal and let me know about it. This is the same router he already has....it is so smooth to use. I'm looking forward to mine.

Disclaimer: nope...I don't work for Bosch, or Amazon.com. I'm just a woodworking stiff who appreciates a good deal on quality tools.

bill

Reply to
Bill Otten

Dave Jackson

I bought the same router at the same price (same deal) last February. It's been a pretty good router. Once the switch went south (I often use the fixed base in a router table) but started working again after blowing it out with compressed air. The dual base is nice. The only thing that I don't much care for is the mechanism for holding template collars in the base; it's a little inconvenient to exactly center.

Have fun with a good router at a reasonable price.

Cheers, Nate

Reply to
Nate Perkins