thickness planer on edge

interesting machine

the contouring is a nice feature

now i look for a video that shows what is under the hood

Reply to
Electric Comet

What's wrong with a table saw for that job?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

... I mean for the edge jointing.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Indeed. At least the table saw will cut the edges perpendicular to the surface. Is there a fence in that thing or are they counting on one edge to be true? Doesn't seem sane to me.

Reply to
krw

Edge jointing with a planer???? Does not guarantee a straight edge.

TS works well if you have a sled to mount the work on. Or a track saw works well also.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

I don't have room for a table saw, a miter saw, a planer and a jointer. I do have room for a miter saw and one other machine.

I think I'll buy the T45 planer and get rid of my table saw. I can cross cut with my miter saw and plane with the T45. I ever need to rip a board, I'll just run it through on edge over and over again until it's the right width. ;-)

I wonder what I'll do with all that extra sawdust.

Reply to
DerbyDad03