The Houston Gang

They overpaid for junk trailers. Some that were left over after the disaster were so poorly built dealers could not sell them at any price.

Reply to
clare

It's also something given to you because you didn't step backwards fast enough.

You do have a point, though. I think twice before I speak at our annual meeting. My mouth may earn me something my ass doesn't want to pay for.

Reply to
krw

We'll see if they really learned anything. Would you have suspected that formaldehyde might be bad for people? It wasn't unknown in plywood and particle board, at the time.

Nice dark places, off the beaten path, attract all sorts of vermin.

Reply to
krw

Why am I not surprised?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Hey, if they can afford a minimal RV then they probably can't afford to rebuild the house either.

How did they manage to pay for it to begin with?

Reply to
J. Clarke

(1) who said anything about "back yard", and why a yard at all? Haven't you people ever seen a driveway?

(2) If they don't own property then what the Hell are they supposed to be rebuilding? (hint, if your apartment is destroyed, is isn't _your_ responsibility to rebuild it).

Reply to
J. Clarke

IIRC they don't make you take a management position, they ask you. Whether you take it or not is strictly up to you.

Having always been in a management position since 21, it was not that big of a deal for me.

So think before you speak. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Actually some landlords are expecting rent from tenants in Houston apartments that are flood damaged and not livable.

Reply to
Markem

They still have a mortgage to pay. From what I red, the tenant can notify the landlord in writing if the apartment in not in livable condition and void the lease. While is seems sleazy, it may be legal thing so they can collect insurance. It would be sleazy to actually collect the rent though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Maybe they are renting. Renters get FEMA compensation.

Reply to
Leon

You do not have to won property to qualify for housing assistance from FEMA.

Reply to
Leon

Isn't that where the tradesmen park and where supplies for the rebuild are delivered? It probably wouldn't be a good idea to constantly be in their way. Perhaps you like someone living in the middle of your workspace, though.

Duh! That was my point. Genius!

Reply to
krw

That's what the _yard_ is for. And the tradesmen park in the street.

If you're in their way then start the damned thing up and drive off. You clearly don't grasp the conept of "RV".

No, your point was something about people who have houses but are too poor to obtain an RV.

For people who don't have houses to begin with, rebuilding is not an issue.

Reply to
J. Clarke

If they are renting then why do they need to rebuild the house? It isn't _their_ house.

Reply to
J. Clarke

UHhhh they have to live some where. you idiot. You must be one of the most miserable persons I have ever been exposed to.

Reply to
Leon

Do you block your driveway when contractors show up? I sure don't.

"RV" can also be a trailer. I don't imagine you could buy much of a class-A motor home for $4000.

No, that certainly was *not* my point. I never said anything of the kind.

Except that they have nowhere to live.

Reply to
krw

Yes, they do. But they are not going to be rebuilding anything, they are going to be looking for another place to rent.

That you don't grasp this and find it appropiate to call other people stupid when they don't just agree with you says that you are both immature and insecure.

And once again I am bored with your bullshit so back into the killfile you go.

Reply to
J. Clarke

SNIP

Lots of Class C units adequate for emergency purposes for $4000 or less.

Reply to
clare

Grow the fu@k up. You were being argumentative, judgemental, and very unsympathetic. Killfile.... pffft. What grade are you in?

Reply to
-MIKE-

With the vehicle? Nothing roadworthy, for sure.

Reply to
krw