Thank Goodness Jorgenson/Pony has been bought

I have made several comments about the likes and dislikes of my CabinetMaster, Jet, and Bessey Revo clamps.

I remain sold on the CabinetMasters and thank goodness they will be in production again one day.

On my current small project I was trying to get my 12" Bessey Revo to slide all the way open but is simply would not slide past a certain point on the bar. No glue on the bar that I could see and that was frustrating with me being in the middle of a glue up. Out of desperation a whack with a hammer persuaded the clamp to open fully. Seems to be fine now but what a PIA.

Today while removing clamps from a small glue up I could not turn the handle much more than 1/8 of a turn on a Jet parallel clamp. That was enough to remove the clamp but the screw has seized midway between fully loose and fully tight. I'm eagerly waiting for a response from Jet, these like CabinetMasters have a life time warranty.

Reply to
Leon

They are scarce but occasionally find them on eBay.

Pair of new 24" Jorgensen Cabinet Masters $118 & free shipping

Spalted Walt

They were out of production for at least a year IIRC, Jorgensen shut down operations and were recently bought by another company. They are in the process of restoring operations.

Leon