Taunton's 2005 Tool Guide: Midsize Tablesaws

Anybody thumb through the 2005 tool guide by Fine Woodworking? I was just wondering if these guys ever get paid off to give good reviews.

In particular, the editors have the General 50-185M1 contractor's saw listed as the best over all, best value, and as the reader's choice. And they have the DeWalt DW746 listed as second best. But I was wondering where the Grizzly G0444Z stood in comparison to these models.

They tested a Grizzly, but they said they didn't post a review for it because the particular model they tested was discontinued (they didn't say which model it was).

So I was hoping some of you guys could fill in the blanks...

TIA.

Reply to
Mike H.

I thought the review was rather limited. In fact, the entire tool guide lacks a thorough review. Instead, they review just a handful of models. I expected better from Taunton Press.

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
Ian Edwards