Tape measure in Tenths of an inch

Well, it might be time for you to get a metric tape and remember to label all your measurement notes with units. Conversion is an easy solution.

Reply to
whit3rd

It is an old April first item.

Reply to
Markem

I know. And I read the bit where it says:

This year, you really can order our April Fool's Day product -- just click on the "add to cart" button in the price line below to proceed. Of course, there aren't really three models, as a single Precision Story Tape is capable of handling a mix of inches, centimeters, and cubits. It makes an excellent gift for those who have everything...

But the price changes between the "April 1st" view and the "you can actually buy this" view.

Elijah

------ doesn't want a blank tape measure

Reply to
Eli the Bearded

Well you have go into one of the Lee Valley store to pick it up. One might wonder what stories are among the employees.

Reply to
Markem

Logger Tape in 1/10" measurements

Reply to
Christina Danielson

You could take a plastic strip, say 2" long, with indents marked as you like, and just set in place along any tape you are using now. Make it as fancy as you like and it would cost you about a dime. I think I would prefer that to several sets of tape measures, assuming you have a reasonably good one to start with.

Another thought: At 16 or 25ft, isn't estimation good enough? If I was looking at a rule with inches, that I could estimate well enough where the 10ths would be. For instance, the half-way point is 1/2", and from there you just need to see the 5ths of an inch. Maybe practice and see how good at it you are. I mean, maybe you don't need new tape measures. Best wishes.

I don't care if the standard is metric or

Reply to
Bill

The keyword you're looking for is "Engineer's Scale". Stanley, Lufkin, Milwaukee, all the usual suspects have them.

Reply to
J. Clarke