Stud Finder Technology

I always find my best info on these forums so can some of you who use the new technology in the digital stud finders give me your thoughts over how they work. Before I turn in my Zircon which is the older type where the green light walks up and down the scale and it beeps when to hit the edge of the stud and goes off when you reach the other side, and it doesn't always land me on anything solid. Are these newer ones any more accurate? I'm not in the constuction trade and would be using it for home projects so also don't want to break the bank. Any recommendations also on which to buy. Thanks a lot, Jerry

Reply to
jerglass

Here's Zircon's explanation of how stud sensors work:

's a comparison of several Zircon stud sensors:

Dhakala

Unfortunately, the most accurate one I've found to date is a finishing nail and hammer.

That said, I haven't bothered with any of the new ones. Perhaps the technology has improved to make them worthwhile. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

I had one like yours and wish I still had it. But I dropped it. My newer and more expensive Zercon sucks.

Reply to
Leon

yeah, they replaced the little swinging magnet in em.. *flash back*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis