Starts OT but I gotta brag.

One year ago my son graduated with a baccalaureate degree from the Bauer's Honors College. At the same time he graduated with his bachelors degree for the U of H, Suma Cum Laude.

This past week he graduated with his masters degree, with the Dean's Excellence Award from the U of H. Two weeks ago he was attending an appreciation banquet for businesses that contributed to and hired graduates, hosted by Bauer's College. At the banquet, Bauer's College presented Bryan with and in front of his soon to be new employer, KPMG, the Department of Accountancy and Taxation Academic Excellence Award. Not bad for a 22 year old that has held down a job the whole time that he was in college. January of last year he interned for and was hired to go to work for KPMG this coming fall. His mother and I footed all of his education expenses and car insurance and bought him a new car in his senior year in HS. He still has the car, no dents. For the first time since he started college he is taking the summer off from work to study for his CPA exams.

Sunday his mother and I hosted a small get together of our closest friends and family members at out house to celebrate his graduation. Later that evening after every one had gone my wife and I were watching TV. Bryan walked in, interrupted, and announced that he was finally finished with school and fell silent for a few moments, looked up and said Thank You. He continued to thank us for every thing that we have done for him and the support that we have given him. He continued to say that he has talked to countless class mates that will be paying off student loans for years to come. He was grateful that he could start his career with a clean slate. He realized that we made sacrifices for him.

Kim and I boo hoo'd a little bit. As busy as he had been with his jobs and school, He had noticed and wanted us to know. ;~)

Twenty nine years ago Kim and I bought our first home, a starter. We had planed to only be in it for 5~6 years. We still live in this home but we hope to make a change and move this coming fall or winter. Bryan plans on staying and plans to make out first home his first home with a 50% down payment. Bryan is going to be an "empty nester". Kim and I have found a new neighborhood and house plan not to too far away that has rooms large enough for a single room sewing studio, one of her sewing machines is 11' long and she works from both sides.

On topic now,

More importantly the house has a 3 car shop!

Sorry to be bragging here but Kim and I are busting at the seams with joy.

Reply to
Leon

Your son and his accomplishments make him someone to be proud of. As far as the 3-car shop is concerned -- you suck!

Gordon Shumway

Our Constitution needs to be used less as a shield for the guilty and more as a sword for the victim.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

My Son is in his third year and keeping his 4.3 grade point average while working. Has bought his own truck and snow boards every chance he gets. I'm very proud of him!!! Its good to know there is still good kids coming out of this twisted society. Congrats Leon

Rich

Reply to
Evodawg

Well, hey buddy, I can help you out. Let me hold onto all your Festool stuff and that will save you the moving and storage fees for when you eventually move into this new house. After all, what are friends for?

Reply to
Upscale

I am happy for you. It is nice to know there are still responsible people, both young and old. Not to mention 3 car shps :)

Reply to
dadiOH

"Leon" wrote

A three car shop?? Where are you going to put the woodworking tools?

No need to apologize Leon. This is exceptionally good news. And we all can use some good news. The acorn did not fall far from the tree. You have every right to feel proud. You all did good.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Snip a story of true success by Leon and family.

Kudus to your son.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

That's a fine son you raised and you deserve to be proud of your sacrifice and his accomplishments. You deserve a home with a 3 car shop for what you accomplished.

Reply to
Nonny

No brag, just fact!

Congratulations to all three of you! You have each played a part, and the fact the Bryan would enunciate his gratitude on that score makes you appreciate even more the unspoken depth of that feeling.

That's one fine young man!

Reply to
Swingman

You hit the nail smack on the head right there, Lee!

Reply to
Swingman

And you've got to be very proud of your son!!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

You should be...

...and, yeah, you suck (all three of you!)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Amazing. Good job, but tell him that your repayment is grandchildren with the same opportunities he had.

Reply to
keithw86

Congratulations to you all. Good Job!

Reply to
Gerald Ross

RE: Subject

As well you should.

Congrats.

BTW, a 3 car garage! You suck!

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

One of my cats just tossed up a really big hairball. Top that. ;-)

Congrats to you and your family, parenting job well done.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

"Leon" wrote

As you should be. Some kids do graduate with no loans to pay off, but most don't appreciate that. You did good, as he seems to be doing.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thank you. I don't suck yet, we have not yet moved.

Reply to
Leon

In article , "Leon" wrote: [...]

You should be. No apologies needed, Leon. Congrats to all three of you!

Reply to
Doug Miller

It is a wonderful feeling when the kids do well. Now find a rooftop and start shouting!!!

Reply to
Robatoy