A GLOAT of note, by ALL standards ...

Is when your son graduates "summa cum laude" from college, right Leon?

Congratulations to all three of you ... I would say you sucketh indeed!

:)

Reply to
Swingman

Swingman wrote in news:r- WdnVpyypifwI3XnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

That's indeed the summum! Congratulations!

Reply to
Han

Yeah, I was going to say something but you so eloquently beat me to it. Thank you!

This way it does not look like I was bragging, again. I imagine everyone had heard just about enough from me yesterday.

The young man has made his daddy very proud, and relieved. Whew!

Kim and I hope to share yours and Linda's moment of glory very soon!

Reply to
Leon

THANK YOU!

Reply to
Leon

Indeed!

I know how that feels, even after five kids. It took months to get the smile off my face. And deepest congratulations to the summa grad. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

As others have said, "Congrats".

It took an immense amount of work to get there.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Congratulations to all of you as that usually is a team effort.

Reply to
Robatoy

No sir, Thank you and Kim ... the world is in dire need of fine young men and you two have raised one of the finest!

My hats off to you both for a parenting job worthy of respect, particularly in this day age ...

Reply to
Swingman

Congrats Leon. What was his major?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

My congratulations, as well, for a job well done!

Reply to
Morris Dovey

WOW! How far from the tree did THAT apple fall? ~:o)

Reply to
NuWave Dave

So, does that mean he's off the payroll? Congrats all around.

Reply to
NuWave Dave

T6hank you Lew.

That it did and yet he made it look so easy, he always did. I recall through out the years telling him over and over, it is going to get harder and IIRC the first time I told him that was when he graduated from kindergarten into the first grade. I still can see him walking single file with the other kindergarteners from the school to the church, wearing his little cap and gown, to go to the graduation.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you! Our children are truly our inspiration.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you!

Bryan's major is in accounting. Next year he hopes to have his Master's, many of the classes he has been taking go towards that degree. He interned with KPMG in the beginning of this semester and took his final 2 classes the second half of this semester. KPMG has offered and he has accepted a position that will start in September 2010, after he gets his Masters. That degree is not a requirement but as I have told him it is something that will always benefit him. KPMG is a public accounting firm, one of the "big

4". He will be in their audit division.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you!

Reply to
Leon

LOL, Many more times that once my wife and I have simply looked at each other and wondered exactly when he was switched out at the hospital.

Reply to
Leon

Let me brag a bit more. My wife and I started saving for his education when he was 2. Every month we put money into the Education Account with the exception of a few months when I decided to retire at 40. We basically had enough set aside to insure him getting through 4 years of school when he graduated from HS, we are still setting that same amount aside. He started pulling more than his load near high school graduation. He worked part time in his Junior year in HS and was awarded a 4 year scholarship for Scholastic Excellence by the U of H. That scholarship equaled 1/2 of what we had saved. During the summer before he began studies at the university he was awarded another scholarship and simply put he has been awarded scholarships from various generous foundations every year there after. At the moment he has enough scholarship credit at the university to cover the first semester of "Masters Degree School". Hopefully he will only need 2 semesters to earn that degree. All through school he has worked to take care of all of his personal expenses and start his retirement saving 4 years ago. Last summer he began using a money manager to invest his hard earned money. Needless to say his scholarships have saved his mother and I a ton of money.

I guess the inspiration that I gave him to get and maintain those scholarships was the deal I make with him. Out of his education money we bought him a new economical car for school before he started college, expensed were on him. I told him that as long as he kept his scholarships current and on going I would pay for his auto insurance. The U of H scholarship required him to maintain a 3.5 GPA. He paid the first year insurance so he was well aware of the value of that offer, as was I .. LOL He graduated with a 3.86 GPA for the last 66 hours of classes. His 4 year GPA was 3.81. He has continued to work every summer and during school every year.

So really he has been off of the payroll for the last 5 years as far as I am concerned. '~)

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote in message news:-fqdnSSZ3f-ET43XnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com... : : "NuWave Dave" wrote in message : news:qt3Ql.30217$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com... : >

: > "Swingman" wrote in message : > news:r-WdnVpyypifwI3XnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com... : > : Is when your son graduates "summa cum laude" from college, right Leon? : > : : > : Congratulations to all three of you ... I would say you sucketh : > indeed! : >

: > So, does that mean he's off the payroll? : > Congrats all around. : : : Let me brag a bit more. My wife and I started saving for his education when : he was 2. Every month we put money into the Education Account with the : exception of a few months when I decided to retire at 40. We basically had : enough set aside to insure him getting through 4 years of school when he : graduated from HS, we are still setting that same amount aside. He started : pulling more than his load near high school graduation. He worked part time : in his Junior year in HS and was awarded a 4 year scholarship for Scholastic : Excellence by the U of H. That scholarship equaled 1/2 of what we had : saved. During the summer before he began studies at the university he was : awarded another scholarship and simply put he has been awarded scholarships : from various generous foundations every year there after. At the moment he : has enough scholarship credit at the university to cover the first semester : of "Masters Degree School". Hopefully he will only need 2 semesters to earn : that degree. All through school he has worked to take care of all of his : personal expenses and start his retirement saving 4 years ago. Last summer : he began using a money manager to invest his hard earned money. Needless to : say his scholarships have saved his mother and I a ton of money. : : I guess the inspiration that I gave him to get and maintain those : scholarships was the deal I make with him. Out of his education money we : bought him a new economical car for school before he started college, : expensed were on him. I told him that as long as he kept his scholarships : current and on going I would pay for his auto insurance. The U of H : scholarship required him to maintain a 3.5 GPA. He paid the first year : insurance so he was well aware of the value of that offer, as was I .. LOL : He graduated with a 3.86 GPA for the last 66 hours of classes. His 4 year : GPA was 3.81. : He has continued to work every summer and during school every year. : : : So really he has been off of the payroll for the last 5 years as far as I am : concerned. '~)

That is a great story, Leon!

Reply to
NuWave Dave

"Leon" wrote

I was going to ask what his job prospects were. It sounds like he has that covered.

Hate to tell ya Leon, but your son investment program just didn't work out well. Everytime you put some money aside for him, he goes and gets another scholarship. Unlike other kids who suck up funds like a blackhole, this guy is self sufficient and hard to give money to. Are you sure he is not a UFO plant? LOL

That IS a different story. You lucky dog.

Reply to
Lee Michaels