Starrett stick-em tape query

Folks -

One of the earlier threads in reponse to a 1023 review mentioned an LS Starrett fence tape. I have searched their site and used every key work I can thimk of.... nuttin'! Got a part number or description? I have checked my tapes and indexes and there's enough of a variance between everything that it needs attention. I was thinking of standardizing with the stick on tapes and a 12' tape, all from Starrett, as time goes by... Also, does anyone, besides A - sell online? Plenty of Starrett on Amazon, but no sticky tapes...

On a related topic, I purchased a 24" steel straightedge from LV. I don't really want to hang it to store it, I'd rather have it in a drawer - should I store it flat or on edge?

TIA,

John

Reply to
John Moorhead

"John Moorhead" wrote in news:8EoDd.7915$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

Just got mine also, though I got the cheaper aluminum model. I was concerned that the steel one would rust in my garage workshop so it was an easy choice.

I assume I can hang it from the hole it was provided with and am doing so. If it were put in a drawer I would be concerned that something in the drawer would have a fight with it and it might lose.

Brian

Reply to
Brian in Vancouver, BC

"Measure Stix". On the Starrett site look under "Construction Tools/Measuring Tapes".

Reply to
J. Clarke

JC -

THERE it is.... 5 pages >

Reply to
John Moorhead

Snip

John, Try this supplier, they seem to have a wide range of adhesive tapes and the prices are good.

Ribbidy

Should be able to get it thru woodcraft:

brian_j_roth

Store it on edge. That ensures that there is a balance of ambient air striking both major surfaces, thus keeping the molecules of the material in equilibrium.

Also be sure to take a green magic marker and run it along all the edges so none of the precision interior molecules can escape and ruin the calibration of the instrument.

Also, be very gentle when opening and closing the drawer you store it in. Once you have it on edge it's extremely susceptible to lateral forces and may fall over on to the flat. You want to avoid that at all costs.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

The Starrett adhesive measuring tapes are available online from Enco in 4, 6, or 12 ft. lengths.

Oregon Rule Co., which another poster recommended, has longer tapes. A former employer of mine got a 30 ft. tape from them.

Reply to
Steve Dunbar

LRod -

Thank you SO much for your helpful information - however, you have failed to inform me of what to do about oxygen molecules and radical free ions.

Your humble knave,

John

Reply to
John Moorhead

I'm sure there must be some special free ion spray available at the same places that sell the green magic marker.

NB: that is not ion spray at no charge, it is spray that you pay for that addresses free ions. And who addresses free ions? I suppose it depends on how radical they are.

I can't keep this up. My head hurts.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

It goes without saying that it should be stored in a solution of de-ionized camelia oil and carnuba wax. Storing on the side is the WORST thing to do though. Store it vertical so that the earth's magnetic flux passes through it in the thin direction. Jeez, some people.

-j

Wow! I suppose then that hanging it on pegboard is the absolute worst.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Reply to
Bullwinkle J. Moose

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 23:23:12 +1000, Ribbidy calmly ranted:

-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

But what is the postage to that address?

Reply to
Stinky

John Carlson

NO. NO. It's not radical free ions, it's free radicals, and they couldn't be incarcerated without charge because if there were no charge they wouldn't be free radicals. Anyway, even Homeland Security knows the proper response isn't incarceration but application of Vitamin C.

John Carls> Contact the Department of Homeland Security. I'm pretty sure the

Reply to
George E. Cawthon