Speaking Of Trim Work...How To Remove?

You know I remember asking that same question. Would you be getting a new body or a new head?

Reply to
Leon

My removal plan worked out better than I thought.

Once I pried the top of the baseboard away from the wall a little bit and "ripped" about a 2 foot section with the half moon blade on my MF saw, I was able to grab the loose section and basically tear the top of the baseboard from the wall.

A little more prying of the bottom section and I was able to cut the nails with the MF tool and lift the baseboard out.

Installation of the new is not going to be as easy as I thought, but I'm almost there. First, "modern" baseboard is a little thicker than 65 YO baseboard. Just over 1/2" for the new stuff, just under 1/2" for the old. Therefore the new baseboard doesn't just slip between the luan and the wall.

In addition, there's a 1 by nailer strip (I assume) that is just proud of the wall in few spots. A couple of passes over the dado blade will thin the bottom of the baseboard just enough to slide it in and keep it plumb with the wall. Already tested that method and it'll work.

DerbyDad03