Source for casters that lift tool base?

I am looking for a cost-effective (budget) source for casters that lift the tool base that they are attached to and then lock in their down (lifting) position -- they lift the tool off its feet. Here is an example of the type:

problem is that I do not know if they have a special name, so I've had no luck froogling. The Sears price is $40/set of 4, and I'm hoping to do better. Also I am hoping to find a somewhat different design than the ones at the link. TIA -- Igor

Reply to
igor

Rockler sells a knock-off of the Delta mobile base with the lever caster. You can buy the caster separately for around fifty bucks from Delta, or $15.99 from Rockler:

down a bit to see the caster sold separately.

HTH

Doug Miller

I may not be able to help you with the price, but Woodcraft has a set of casters which mount directly on the leg and are spring loaded. This sounds like what you are looking for.

know the frustration of trying to search but not find. I did a search for these earlier in the day using "contractor saw leg caster" and could not find them. I knew I had seen them recently and only found them by paging through the recent Woodcraft catalog. Sometimes paper is the way to go.

Dave Paine.

> One problem is that I do not know if they have a special name, so I've had

Reply to
Tyke

Try Googling "retractable caster".

Reply to
Upscale

well!! Beats the hell out of the mobile base that came with my saw. The set from Sears may do the job, but I doubt they're as solid and well-built as this set.

My $.02

jmac Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

Reply to
jmac

Try Woodcraft also.

Michael