Sotheby's Important 20th Century Design Auction

Some lovely pieces up for auction. Might pick up one of those nice Greene & Greene chairs (700-900k) or perhaps some nice Nakashima....

damian penney

The Nakashima looks tempting, and almost affordable.

WTH is Charlotte Perriand, and why are those so expensive for ugly simplistic stuff that looks like I knocked it up one evening to keep my beer off the floor?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I'll happily take the George Nakashima "A Superb "Minguren I" Dining Table", but 120K to 190K is a bit high for this payday.

Reply to
Neillarson

Many MANY drool-grade pieces in there..and some pure crap.

A genuine Mies van der Rohe steel table..... damn, what I wouldn't pay for that...wait...I KNOW what I wouldn't pay for that.. That Greene & Greene stuff looks great...and that Gustav Stickly piece will certainly meet reserve... I have the appreciation and desire... all I need is a few bucks.

Reply to
Robatoy

Most of those pieces desereve a place by the side of the road on Monday morning with the rest of the trash. by the way did george ever make a piece worth a dam, like a maloof chair cannot figure where the arms are .....mjh

mike hide