Sofa Table ReDo

Several weeks I mentioned that I was refinishing a sofa table for a customer. Unfortunately I applied the last varnish coat during a hot and humid day. It took more than 3 weeks for the varnish to dry well enough that you could handle the parts that were painted black. Fortunately I varnished the top a few weeks before and dry time was simply over night.

Anyway, she is happy and I delivered the piece yesterday.

Leon

Very nice. Certainly can't readily tell the top is 5-6 boards.

This morning/today is the first day with temps below 90° and much lowe r humidity, in a long time. Whew!

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Thank you.

Reply to
Leon

I'm especially enchanted by the 19th century style base. I feel pretty sure I would have put an elliptical top on it, but that's just me. As it is, it's prettier than anything I have ever built and may ever build! LOVE the curves!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

FWIW I only refinished the piece. this is not normally my style but I like it too.

Reply to
Leon

Yep - nice elegant lines & dimensions. I forget - was this piece original construction and just re-finished - or re-constructed ? John T.

Reply to
hubops

Nice work, as usual.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Thank you.

Reply to
Leon

It was like a drunk four legged critter when I got it. The finish was sticky add clouded. It now stands stiff and ridged. ;~)

I refinished every thing and went with the complimentary black instead of staining the aprons and legs the same as the top.

Reply to
Leon