Slightly OT: Zinsser 1-2-3 primer

I am getting ready to do some painting in the house. I was in the HD last night and saw the Zinsser 1-2-3 primer, regularly $17/gal for $4/gal. The quarts and 5 gal sizes were not on sale, so it doesn't appear to be discontinued.

Am I missing something?

Dave - Parkville, MD

Reply to
David Bridgeman

David Bridgeman wrote in news:eZSdnU06dY5eQ07anZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Does the stuff have an expiration date?

Reply to
Han

If there is no expiration date. I'd buy it, ask they guy is there is a problem can I bring it back. Take it home test on a few boards.

Randy htp://nokeswoodworks.com

Reply to
randyswoodshoop

No expiration date that I see. I thought the same thing. We'll just have to see how it goes and test a bit.

Thanks for the replys.

Reply to
David Bridgeman

Sometimes new packaging or product labels make the older design hard to move off the shelves. Perhaps a packaging change is in the works.

Reply to
Leon

The date is usually inked on the bottom of the can.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

One thing to consider is that the big box stores are posting record low months in the past year. They are so slow around here that they are nearly giving away some items just to get people in the door. Last year small independents showed increases in business while big boxes consistantly showed overal drop in business. Of course this varies wildly from one region to another. I for one would love nothing more than to see them get their just desserts and hit the wall, and hard.

Of course its all grasping at straws but I would doubt there is anything wrong with the primer.

Mark

Reply to
BDBConstruction

The primer you mention was $17.98 per gallon at my closest Home Depot.

Reply to
russellseaton1