Craftsman Pro 22805N Table Saw...

I wonder if anyone has some experience with the Craftsman Pro 10" 3HP 50" Cabinet Table Saw. I'm actually kind of leaning towards the Jet JTAS-10XL50, but, in all fairness, I'd like to know how an actual Craftsman user feels about their experiences with this model. Unfortunately, they don't carry it in stock at our local Sears and the catalog pictures just aren't good enough to make a decision on.

Thanks guys...

Reply to
Rick Gamble

I am not a user yet, but I am thinking of getting the 4HP model. I read an article review of the two of them and they suggested getting the 4HP model sighting stability and better capability when cutting sheet plywood. Seriously, they are always going to recommend the more expensive model for two reasons, 1. they get more money and 2. the extra money is giving you a better product, theoretically anyway. I think the 3HP model is probably as good a machine but have you seen it on sale lately, I haven't! I had a chance more than once to view them both side by side and they both look good. The more expensive model w/4HP motor is regularly on sale here in Canada for $399+tax, not bad but the 3HP is regulaly listed at $369+tax. Sales strategy is everything to them I guess. The only other machine I was looking at was Skill's combination table saw/router table/drill press at $499+tax. More research is required!!! Hope this helps!

Tom

Rick Gamble ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net) wrote: : I wonder if anyone has some experience with the Craftsman Pro 10" 3HP 50" : Cabinet Table Saw. I'm actually kind of leaning towards the Jet JTAS-10XL50, : but, in all fairness, I'd like to know how an actual Craftsman user feels : about their experiences with this model. Unfortunately, they don't carry it : in stock at our local Sears and the catalog pictures just aren't good enough : to make a decision on.

: Thanks guys...

--

Reply to
Thomas D. Ireland

I think you have your saws confused. The 22805N retails for $1300, US, plus shipping. They are massive, nicely finished, and the one I used worked very well. Since my use, they've developed a better fence. And added the extension table. The 12" model (22802N) comes with both a 1" and a 5/8" arbor, and weighs 717 pounds ready to ship, while the 10" model weighs in at

537 pounds.

I only got to use one for a couple hours, and it was the model before the ones in the catalog, but I liked it.

Reply to
Charles Self

I guess I have, like I said , "More Research Required" :-) Sorry!

Tom