Sketchup - FWIW - Plugins for woodworkers

Strictly FWIW: A couple of woodworking specific plug-ins that may be of interest can be downloaded at:

I have downloaded them and briefly tested, but have not put these through their paces. Although there does not appear to be anything therein that can't easily be done without them, they could well save some time that could be better spent designing, instead of drawing common repeat components, dadoes, etc.

Here is what they purport to offer:

Create Board - creates a named component, with all three dimensions and oriented in space. Resize Board - One dialog box editing of all three dimensions. Drill Board - a repeating tool for drilling holes in components. Dado Board - a repeating tool for Dadoing boards. Set to front - Sets a component to the xz plane with one click. (Handy for creating cutting list scenes). Set Relative - moves a component relative to another in all three dimensions. (Handy for setting boards in space).

FWIW ... YMMV.

Reply to
Swingman

Sounds interesting but I do not see a link, only a comment that I do not have permissopn to view files.

Reply to
Leon

You probably have to sign up for the forum. NBD, I've belonged since the beginning, never any spam, crap, whatsoever ... go ahead, it's free and a good resource. I picked up some tips on DC's there, information that hard to come by.

I would post a link on the website, but they're not mine, and I don't want to presume ...

Reply to
Swingman

Oops, I see registering probably fixes that.

Reply to
Leon