Google SketchUp for Woodworkers Tutorials?

I just downloaded & installed the free Google SketchUp. I completed the three tutorials quickly. I'm impressed! Quite a program.

I would like to use SketchUp to design a workshop cabinet and cabinets/shelving (*) for the living room. (So far) I'm not finding any tutorials for stuff like this. I could wade through the manual, and I will if I have to, but I'd appreciate any tips on woodworking design with SketchUp.

Thanks.

-- Mark

(*) E.g, I know the living room is 14' 3.25" wide. The shelves will be made of nominal 3/4" material. I'm looking for the quickest way to design stuff with SketchUp when certain parameters are fixed or known.

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Like most CAD type programs, it is very helpful if you know the fundamentals of drafting/drawing to start with. Most tutorials teach you how to manipulate the program to do what you want it to do. You still have to tell the program what you want exactly.

Reply to
Leon

This link was posted a couple of months ago:

upand_at_them

Seems like they had a forum for it; have you looked for that? I don't use it any more so don't have the address now, but some of the discussions were pretty good.

Pop`

Reply to
Pop`