Shower ceiling...maple.

Reply to
nospambob

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:00:56 -0400, "Mike Marlow" scribbled:

The Finns tend to use soft woods (as opposed to softwoods), such as pine, spruce, and aspen (especially for the benches). I think the basic idea is that these woods tend to be pretty stable, not expanding or contracting much from changes in moisture content. Cedar also qualifies. See:

"nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

Many, if not the majority of wooden boats, rowboats, canoes, kayaks etc, are used on freshwater lakes and rivers. There are plenty of big wooden boats out in the salt water but lots of the smaller stuff inland.

Reply to
fredfighter

Ahh.. bamboo flooring.

The "bamboo" flooring I looked at once appeared to be *mostly* made of epoxy! It was quite heavy, smooth, expensive, and a little translucent.

I imagine though, if you could impregnate maple with enough epoxy, like the bamboo florring, it would probably hold up fine in the shower.

Some dude in the most recent FWW or Wood magazine thinks he expoxy-impregnated some outdoor furniture... might want to read up on that.

Reply to
root

terrible!

> Thanks for your input,