Sharpened blade --- Better than new

When I bought my DeWalt 12" CMS, I thought the blade was OK, but eventually would replace it with something better. I just changed my mind.

I lent the saw to a friend who was installing laminate floor. Tough stuff to cut so I knew the blade would come back trashed and it was. Smoked when I tried to cut wood. So, I sent it along with an 80 tooth cross cut blade from my table saw to Ridge Carbide Tools. It left on Monday, arrived back today. Both blades cost me $30 including shipping (and a $5 coupon). I put the blade in to try and it cut better than when it was brand new. I just saved the $50+ for a new blade! Can't wait to try the Freud now.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Ed, do you have a website, address or phone # for this company Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike S.

595 New York Avenue P. O. Box 497 Lyndhurst, NJ 07071 201.438.8777 800.443.0992

They have prices on their web page. 60T blade was $12.75, the 80T was $14.00 I bought one of their combination blades a few months ago and it is very good so I figured I'd take advantage of the $5 coupon. Sure was worth while.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Do they or will they retrue a blade if necessary?

Reply to
Leon

I don't know. They make no mention on their web page or catalog, but since they manufacture blades, I imagine they have the ability. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks Ed, read their instructions on the website and sure don't seem to safe to put a credit card # on the blade list and stick it in the mail.

Reply to
Mike S.

Every time the credit card sends you a bill, they do just that. That is the method most mail order companies have used for decades. IMO, it would be safer in a pack of blades than in an order envelope going to your favorite mailorder house. Much easier to identify by would be thieves.

If you go to a restaurant, do you trust the low paid waitstaff to take your card to the pay station? That is scary.

I'm sure if you have concerns, you can give the number over the phone. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski