question about veritas bull nose plane

The new bull nose plane looks good... For some reason I'm drawn to the lever cap - it doesn't look like cast iron. Yes! I know it's painted black but the casting characteristics look different - more like cast aluminum

Reply to
Damned if i know

Mine will arrive next week, I can tell you all about it then... Denny

Reply to
Denny

The word 'plastic' crossed my mind, but I swear I kicked myself in pennance.

Reply to
Gordon Airporte

Hi -

It's an aluminum alloy...more than sufficient to apply the needed pressure....

Cheers -

Rob Lee

Reply to
Robin Lee

I emailed Lee Valley about 6 months ago cause I was looking at buying a good quality bullnose plane and I new they were in the process of designing a lot new planes. Got a quick responce but! didn't get a difinitive response on a release date for a bull nose so I went out and bought a stanley 90 (only because that was all that was available). Now you release the new bull nose plane and I have to have one of them. Don't get me wrong the 90 is a good plane, but next to the LV bull nose - there is no comparison. Is there any sort of trade in deal for one of those new bull nose planes. I'd have to say they look like the best bull nose plane on the market. Anyone want to buy a slightly used stanley 90...

Reply to
Damned if i know