Sentences -doing time in Jail.

I was reading the other day that someone had been sentenced to some total time in the region of 2000 years in concurrent sentences.

If occurred to me what a waste. I was musing that instead of sentencing people to years in jail why not to a number of Chippendale chairs hand sanded . Instead of 5 years, 5000 chippendale chairs hand sanded to say 220 grit.

This solution in my mind would end up with far more productive chairmakers and fare fewer residing in insane asylums ...just a thought.....

-- mike hide

Reply to
Mike Hide

How would they get early paroles, say at 80 or 120 grit? ;-)

Nova

Because there are laws against cruel and unusual punishment. :)

Reply to
js

Sorry Mike, but that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment. But I like the idea!

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

They could easily breathe too much dust... Tom >Sorry Mike, but that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment. But

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

I've heard they do this in China. We call it slave labor, but personally I had rather be working than sitting around watching TV for

2000 years. Especially woodwork>
Reply to
Gerald Ross

Ah but what if it was " Norm" on TV..

-- mike hide

Reply to
Mike Hide

Not until their fingers were worn down to nubs. Then give them time off for the nubs to grow back and they can start over.

Incidentally my brothers name is Saddam

-- mike hide

Reply to
Mike Hide