grow grass OR go to jail

no joke, no laughing matter. i ve just done 20 days in county jail because two years ago the city complained of over grown vegetation, fine whatever so i dug up the lawn, and i thought that was it, and i just toss the rest of the mail from them in the trash..... their has been a warrant for me all this time. bottom line is can you recommend grass seed type low cost name brand. important..... must not need a lot of watering, the estimate on my water bill is an extra 400 a year if i water 8 to 10 minutes nightly. wait till they see my dirt backyard ohhhweee. p.s. my property is

110 by 60 single dwelling. california souuthbay beach area (Redondo beach) thank you for your help i very much appreciate any help
Reply to
gena D

I had it once in NYS. It was great in the summer. Blades didn't grow high too fast thereby reducing the need for frequent mowing. The only problems was that it turned yellow in winter and then didn't get green until late May. Where you are, that shouldn't be a problem. Because it spreads by rhizomes, it is very invasive. Besides smothering all other lawn vegetation, it will creep into gardens and neighbor's lawns. It needs to be cut along property lines and places where it is not wanted with an edger, or install physical barriers.

Reply to
Willshak

In the few years I had it (I moved away afterwards), I never watered it, except until it filled in (I used the plugs rather than seed). After that, the morning dew seemed to be enough. YMMV. If it wasn't for the yellowing in the winter, I would have it here in upstate NY. I'll have to wait for global warming to increase. I'm 400' above sea level, so I don't have to worry about the melting poles and rising sea level. :-)

Reply to
Willshak

I will want to go to jail for 2 days if that will be the end of the deal. So I guess they don't like seeing your vegetable huh? You should be thankful that they didn't take you to UN council.

Reply to
Venus³²