Doing things in my sleep

Once in a while a couple over the air tv stations have bad reception. It seems to have something to do with the weather.

But when I record shows on a timer, I don't remmeber what the weather was like. And a couple weeks ago the only show I record started to have distortion pretty often. Eventually I noticed it was channel 2, a major, local station!

I didn't know what to do for a couple days, and then it dawned on me. I have 2 A-B switches screwed to the shelf next to my bed that holds the radio, DVDR, VCR, cassette player, Alexa, and some little things.

And I think 6 months ago my DVDR stopped working and it took an hour to figure out why. Apparently in my sleep, I switched the tv input from the DVDR to the VCR (and the VCR wasn't turned on.)

And this time I guess in my sleep, I switched the A-B antenna switch to the 2nd floor antenna, which is not as good as the amplified attic antenna.

It's strange, I haven't touched those switches on purpose for more than

4 years, except after I change one in my sleep. It's hard to believe I changed but there is no other explanation.

It's really nice to have a good picture on the tv.

Reply to
micky

No, that's impossible. It's an A-B switch, a mechanical switch.

But you don't know it.

My dvr doesn't accept downloads and the switch is not part of the dvr. It's a switch!

micky

That couldn't be either, because there is only one antenna input**, and because switching the mechanical switch back fixed it.

Apparently I may not be dream-walking but I'm dream-switching.

** That's the point of the switch, to allow two possible antennas.
Reply to
micky

The food experience just isn't the same.

Reply to
bruce bowser