A story, in two parts.

Not only did Usenet stop working Thursday morning, just 5 minutes after it used to work, but

Friday night my TVs stopped working. Just a raster and some crummy noise.

They all get their signal from one central DVDR, so the problem could be in the DVDR, the digital to analog converter, the signal amplifier, or the TVs.

Both TVs showed the same problem, so I decided to switch from the DVDR to the VCR to narrow down the problem.

I have an A-B switch for that purpose and when I switched, the DVDR started to work.

Apparently a gremlin switched the switch. It's screwed to the underside of a shelf next to my bed, but I never touch it. I must have done this in my sleep or when I first got up, thinkingt I was awake but not.

Reply to
micky