TV points in two rooms

I have a TV aerial which is feeding one TV, with a very good picture, in one room. I want to use the same aerial to supply an extra tv/tv point.

What does the NG recommend with regards to mains powered/indoors amplifiers/splitters.

How is the best way to run the cable?

Many thanks

Paul the D 'You're a big man, but you're out of shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.'

Reply to
Paul the D

Now behave yourself.'

If you're getting a good signal in your area, then a proper splitter would probably do the job well. The DIY shops do two gang Rf sockets which you can use to take your existing antenna coaxial cable into, then use two fly leads of normal TV gauge coaxial cable from it to the two tele' sets. Fit it on the wall with a surface mounted box and off you go.

Reply to
BigWallop

If you've got a really strong signal, you can simply use a splitter to feed the signal to 2 sets without additional amplification.

If this doesn't work satisfactorily, you need an amplifier with one (or two) inputs and at least two outputs. Wickes had used to sell some good ones - made (I think) by Labgear.

If you have a VCR with the first set, and wish to have the option of playing this back through either set, connect the downlead from the aerial to the VCR input. Connect the VCR output to the amplifier input. Connect one amplifier output to the first set, and another to the second set.

If your amplifier has multiple outputs (mine has 6) you can cable it up to various points (bedrooms etc.) where you *might* want to operate a TV at some future time.

If your amplifier has two inputs, the second one is for VHF (FM) radio. If you connect an FM aerial to this, you can also distribute FM radio throughout the house. You can connect either a TV or a radio to each amplifier output - or both with a suitable splitter.

HTH, Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills

Start off with a really good low loss splitter. Something like Labgear range that CPC do would be fine:-

will need a pack of twist on F Connectors to stick on the co-ax for these splitters:

if that does not give a good enough picture then add an amplifier before the splitter.

Remember to use a CT100 type co ax for the best results especially if you are using digital terrestrial TV.

Reply to
John Rumm