selling out

I have become disabled and going to sell out my woodworking shop. Should I have a action or sell each piece alone. I live In Martinsville In. May have sell in spring. snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com

Reply to
neal.don

Auctions can be good, but sometimes things go cheap. Very cheap. I'd try to sell the pieces individually first. Is this a pro shop or hobbyist shop? If it is a business you may do better selling everything as a package.

You could try posting a list of items here for starters.

Sorry to hear of your disability. I hope things get better for you.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Depending of course on the nature of your disability, you may consider keeping your tools and adapting. A friend of mine lost his site and went from a cabinetmaker to a carver. He'll probably get back into cabinetmaking once he's comfortable with operating machinery... hell of an adjustment but its spawned a new interest in woodworking for him. Give it some hard thought before you sell.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

Reply to
Wilson Lamb

Maybe, but there's one advantage to an auction, that' getting rid of all of it fast. I used to own have a dozen guns. When I wound up in a wheelchair and realized I wouldn't be tromping through the bush anymore, or even not be able to get through the sand at my gun club, I sold off all my guns much cheaper than I would have done if I'd taken my time. I just wanted all of it out of my sight as soon as possible because it hurt to much to look at everything I had.

Reply to
Upscale

Bummer. I'd say you'll probably do better selling each piece, but also depends on how much/how quickly you need the money. Judging by some of the gloats I read here, seems like auctions can be a better deal for the buyer.

Depend> I have become disabled and going to sell out my woodworking shop. Should I

Reply to
Dave Miller