self cleaning finishes

not sure if they are available yet but i would bet they are not far off

self cleaning finishes formulated to be similar to the roof material

saw a video about the new stadium in georgia and specifically the camera shutter like retractable roof

amazing engineering there and mostly it is the material

i might be wrong but i think it is made of etfe

rain washes away everything that settles on it

very close to self cleaning with only the requirement of rain

Reply to
Electric Comet

The traditional solution is chalking. Some paints are intended to let loose of the top layer of pigment in normal weathering, which exposes a clean surface underneath, so to speak. Application thickness control is very important... There's trees around here is with sticky pollen, that kind of paint would make the problem wash off easier.

Reply to
whit3rd

Leon could install sprinklers and never have to dust that library room he's building. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I didn't realize Festool made plumbing tools, also. ;-)

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

When you build something that is tall, if you can't see the dust, there is no dust. :-)

Reply to
Leon

he's building. ;-)

That reminds of something I saw on a website the other day.

My area got hit with that Great Lakes windstorm earlier this week. One news paper's website had picture of a 100+ year old tree that fell on a really nice brick house. The article mentioned that no one was home at the time.

In the Comments section, many people were commenting about what a shame it was. Beautiful house, beautiful tree, glad no one was hurt, etc. One wise ass po sted:

?If no one was home, did it make a sound??

Reply to
DerbyDad03

the etfe material they are using is water loving

spray on water and anything on the surface comes off

any surface that had this would be easily cleaned without mechanical washing and no other surfactants are needed to clean

Reply to
Electric Comet