Miracle gro

Hi, is this ok to use on vegetable plants, sorry to be thick but Im learning!

Reply to
chablonski

not likely to be needed. many garden veggies will put on more foliage but not much more actual produce to make it worth it. if this is a new garden plot the soil is probably ok anyways.

look into rotation planting, green manures, composting, mulching and learn which of your garden plants are heavy feeders and need to be followed by other soil recharging plants like beans/peas.

please read up on gardening using organic methods as much as possible. it will save you a lot of later trouble and decrease the likelyhood that you will poison yourself, others or the the environment...

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Why bother Billy. I've found my killfile has an infinite capacity despite the efforts of the trolls to try to repeatedly escape.

Reply to
FarmI

Oh, he's already in my KF, Fran. I only see his posts when someone else quotes him, and I usually ignore them. I wouldn't have responded except that it was a new poster, and Gunny was recommending using the same agricultural approach that has already so damaged the environment. I'm about as main stream in organic gardening à la Rodale as one can get. I try to grow soil, and let the soil grow the plants in an environment free from man-made chemicals. However, Gunny's recommendation that the OP get their garden soil tested was sound, but with proper nurturing, and treatment most any soil will become good gardening soil.

Thanks for the address for SBS The variety of news broadcasts in Australia makes me feel down right provincial.

SBS has Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Filipino, Spanish, Greek, French, German, Hindi, Arabic, Russian, Italian, and Turkish news broadcasts, wow.

The best news we get here is from Democracy Now, the BBC, and the "Journal" from Deutsche Welle. (Did you know that NATO was supporting the backers of the deposed King Idris, who was installed on the Libyan throne by the Brits? That's about one sixth of the Libyan population. Operation Independence for Libya [OIL]. We've been scammed again!

Meanwhile back at the "cultural corner" of the garden, maybe the Montalbano programs were "touched up" to be less objectionable to a potential buyer (43 episodes at $10 AU/episode, or at Amazon $12 USian/episode). It didn't seem right that Australians would be prudes, after all, we got both the criminals, AND the Calvinistic, Puritan, Taliban style, wacko fundamentalists. The main character in the TV's Montalbano is kinda a "hunk" type of persona, in a Sicilian working class setting. No gentrification here. It's all grit, and in need of repairs. Although a French friend of mine once told me that he liked seeing the "father stone" underneath the missing plaster on buildings. Lovey-poo, my wife, has read some of Andrea Camilleri's Montalbano books, and she was somewhat disappointed with the Salvo Montalbano character, because in the books he is more of a Georges Simenon's Maigret type. A 50 something, overweight cop, with a penchant for good wine, and food. That reminds me, I haven't had breakfast yet;O)

Ciao.

Reply to
Billy

And that is still a sound policy IMO. Their posts soon give them away as trolls who feel needy for attention.

But if you don't speak those languages, there's rather limited value to the mainstream in having them. I'm sure it's advantageous to the ethnic groups who speak those langusage, but my French isn't even up coping with the speed of the French news.

I do like the films though and the less mainstream sports. The Tour de France is on ATM and that is of course well worth watching. It's playing merry hell with our sleep patterns given that it concludes around 3 am - I haven't yet managed to watch one stage through to the line - maybe by the end of the 3 weeks if I build up to it.

I have no idea what they may have done, but as I said, there is lots of raunchy stuff to be seen on that channel.

I used to enjoy Maigret.

Ask Lovey-poo if she's read any of Donna Leon's books. The cop hero is well worth getting to know - set in Venice so stylish in location, urbane in persona, well written and with corruption lurking like something nasty in the woodshed. (Apologies for mixing Cold Comfort allusions with vaporetto fumes)

Reply to
FarmI

Yes it's fine as long as you don't overdo it. But diluted piss works just as well and it's cheaper.

-Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

French is spoken about 30% to 50% faster than English, but to be fair, TF 1, 2, and 3 speak more slowly and use simpler words in reporting the news (l'actualité) than than other programs do.

The Journal (Deutsche Welle) is in English, and in languages that I don't speak, I can usually make out the location where video was taken, and a picture is worth a thousand words. Then again, in the "Romance" languages, there are the occasional words that come through, loud and clear, which helps with tuning my ear. Spanish, French, and Italian have many words that mean and sound the same, but are spelt differently. Then there are those damn false cognates.

We'er 9 hours different from France, here on the "Left" (west) coast. Late dinner here is about the same time as early "petit déjeuner" there.

Hadn't heard of Donna Leon, but we appear to be the minority. There are

98 holds for "Drawing Conclusions", her latest. I ordered the one with no holds, "Through a Glass Darkly".

Do you have a favorite?

Thanks.

Reply to
Billy

for humor value alone, it was worth reading the rant about blindly selling something when the replies that said to read up on things, to use organic materials/mulches (which often are freely available), etc.

yeah, that's blindly selling something compared to going out and buying Miracle Gro, Osmacote and $15 soil tests. all things that gardeners didn't need for thousands of years...

gotta laugh,

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I haven't read them all, but those I have read have all been good. I do have a soft spot though for 'Death at La Fenice' because it's the first of the series, it was the first of hers I'd read, and it was just so refreshing to find a writer who can write well and who can tell a ripping yarn even when producing light fiction. I like Janet Evanovich, but although she tells a ripping yarn, her writing is poor (and her editors are obviously not up to their jobs - eg. she writes about 'couple things' when a 'couple of things' is what is meant).

Reply to
FarmI

Derald, just WHAT are you on about?

You have not left anything from any previous post to indicates what just what you think has been superbly done. Do you expect us to all just sit here at our computers and play guessing games about what you are thinking?

Reply to
FarmI

'Death at La Fenice': a Commissario Guido Brunetti mystery. Hmmm. Written 2004, and there are still 2 holds on it. Must be good. This usenet is pretty damn good. I got what I wanted, and it was even in the wrong group.

á bientôt
Reply to
Billy

Derald, Gunnar and Billy are on about each other. they need to get a room.

has anyone grown cloves?

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I give references to support my point of view, whereas Gunny and Dim seem to think that we should just support thier unsubstantiated statements. Putting 2 autocrats in the same room probably isn't a good idea. They need to be in separate wards.

Reply to
Billy

You have a climate similar to Indonesia?

Reply to
Billy

How do you know? Derald leaves nothing in from previous posts so may as well be talking to him/herself in a sound proofed room.

The spice? Sorry, I don't live in a tropical area.

Reply to
FarmI

when they use each other's names in flinging abuse back and forth that kinda gives it away.

but, anyways, it's not important overall, just a comment on local color so to speak.

at times, other times not.

ok, thanks.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Catch up Farmnal, YOU are now mixing your posts!

Reply to
Gunner

On Jul 7, 12:42=A0pm, Billy nostalgic about his fifth grade crossing guard good citizen oath wrote:.

Teacher... their being mean to me again!

The answer is Still YES it is OK!!!!!!!!

(Pure 60s communist propaganda BS snipped)

Reply to
Gunner

and yet....... ( wait for it)........ you doooooooo!

Reply to
Gunner

On Jul 6, 10:14=A0pm, "FarmI" wrote: hoping to help "Billy" wrote in message

Lame, really lame

Reply to
Gunner