Sears Craftsman Club special Laser chop saw opinion

They ran a special on their laser 10" compound saw with extensions and stop block for club members at a cost of $170.10 which was $100 off of the regular price for 3 days only. It looks like a real nice saw. Do any of you have an opinion of it? Thanks.

Reply to
Joe

All the Crapsman miter saws I have ever used have had pieces come off. I have no indication that quality has improved just because new gizmos were added. Seems like just more things to fall off.

Peter

Reply to
peter

I use my Craftsman nearly every day and don't have anything major to dislike. I paid $200 on sale 2 years ago, so the $170 is a great price. The only minor gripe is that you have to acquire the knack of standing off your cut line just slightly from the laser line. A little practice and it becomes natural.

I'd happily buy it again, but if you plan a "lot" of projects using anything larger than 2x6 you need to think whether you can justify the higher price of a 12" saw. I couldn't, at that time, and I'm still not sure I'd spring for the extra if I had it to do over again. The savings from staying with a

10" pays for all the stuff to make a sweet miter saw station.

(Noth>

Reply to
capn

I have a ton of Craftsman stuff - power and hand - and except for palm sander that disintegrated all of it has been just fine. I'm not a professional, but a home hobbiest.

I have some of my Craftsman stuff I bought in the 70s and it's still OK. I usually lose it before any of it breaks.

Of course I also bought a Trash80 Model 1 and Model 4P back >>

Reply to
Jim K