Scroll Saw

I would rarely use a scroll saw, but this one looks to be a good deal. Google search doesn't provide very much info for a reasonable value, but $75 isn't a lot of money for this name brand item.

have an idea of a reasonable value, though I'm thinking of buying for the asking price?

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I'd grab it at the price. Last time I saw one like that was many years ago in our garage. About mid 1950's or so.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Got the scrool saw and the yet to be advertised Foley-Belsaw bandsaw for $120, plus 19 red oak boards, 5/4 X 12" X 10', for $30.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Want to double your money? I'll give you $60 for the oak boards. You can't do that good at the bank or in the stock market.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That was both the scroll saw (model 435) and bandsaw (model 480) for $120. Seller is a young guy, not interested in woodworking. Was his grandfather's (passed away) tools and lumber. I'll give the bandsaw to a nephew, who'll likely inherit some of my other tools, as well. I have no children.

Reply to
Sonny

Good deal! Wish I had something like that come up in my area. Saw a Henger recently but they were asking too close to the new price to be worth the clean up. All I see is tiny cheapos or really old broken shop sizes that can't be repaired.

Had an opportunity to get a big shop Delta from my father-in-law but after he died last march, stepmom cut everyone out and got rid of everything, as long as it wasn't to family. /sigh .. She ran off with my hydraulic jack, come-a-long and a few other tools that belonged to my father. Don't you just hate family sometimes?

Reply to
Casper

That's a great price for the wood. You suck.. How big is the bandsaw? Sounds like a good deal...

Enjoy.

Reply to
tiredofspam

It's a 14" with 7" clearance. Not big, but a good starter bandsaw. It's pretty heavy and looks well made, so it's not a pansy bandsaw. It's in good shape, no rust, still a good paint job, needs some cleaning to make it shine. Here's a look:

picked up the lumber this evening and some of it has powderpost beetle holes. I didn't see any fresh dust, so hopefully no bugs are in it. I just sprayed it and will let it sit overnight, sticker it tomorrow to dry, before stacking it with the other lumber. Not seen before, there were two 2X6 X 8' pieces of oak and what looks like two redwood boards, 6' & 8', both 5/4 and 12" or better wide. He gave me those, also.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny