Router table inset

Dumb question. I bought a plastic insert to put in a new router table I am building. It comes with no instructions - which I usually read - probably because everything seems self-explanatory.

My question is about the 4 rare-earth magnets (small pill-like ones). Is it the intent that one sets these into the main table top with epoxy so that the corner adjusting screws land on them?

Reply to
Graham Gilbert

Correct. Although with the weight of a router hanging from the insert, I don't think they're really required.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Probably but I would not use them. If you drop the insert down on the magnets they could easily crack. Additionally the weight of the router typically pushes down hard enough. It may be rather difficult to pull the plate and router out with 4 rare earth magnets working against you. I think I would glue 4 pennies or dimes in place instead.

Reply to
Leon