Router Table

Hi all

looking to construct one for my freud 1/2" router

First question what router plate to get?

the kreg one at Axminster seems a trifle costly

second question anyone recommentd a decent plan?

I know there are lots of google links but I would like recommendations from actual experience

Is it worth buying the triton table and mounting it on my own frame?

Would I be better buying a table and if so which one

Regards

Tony

Reply to
TMC

FT 2000E or similar?

I have one of the Trend ones which fits ok, but I am not sure if they still do the same plates - the ones on the web site now look more like the CMT one at axminster.

What sort of sized stuff do you want to work on? Do you need to put it all away at the end etc?

IME (having bought one) probably not... chances are you can make one equally good or possibly better.

Reply to
John Rumm

Ft 2200vce bought on your recommendation

and very pleased with it so far

thinking that something about 900 by 400 could stay out all the time

Regards

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Tony I have a steel plate with Al inserts going a begging - I bought it in then realised that it was really far too big for what I wanted, but might suit you. Drop me a line (I think my email address works) and I'll give you the details.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

I built one last year ... I bought the Trend Router Table insert plate This worked a treat with my Trend T11 ... allows fine adjustment from on top on table.

The insert comes with full details of aperture cut out ... just think twice about cut sequence.

I can send you some pics and sizes of what I built if you want them ... PM me I scoured 'tinternet looking at loads of different projects (incl some good tips from here) and took what I thought was best from all of them.

I used 25mmm MDF for top & support frame. Laminated top with smooth Formica Edged the table with oak for durability

Made a solid fence (this is thing to get right), must be solid and exactly square ... built mine with vac hook up. Fitted a NoVo release sw

I made mine so that it sits nicely ontop of my workmate ... as does my Mitre saw, saves too many sets of stands.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Well since the Freud has a easy to get at height adjuster, you don't need to worry about top of table access through the plate for that. So the plate can be very simple. Say a 5mm thick ali plate, shove a hole saw through the middle, and drill and countersink holes to screw the router to it.

I would be tempted to make the table top nice and solid (bit of formica covered worktop perhaps). Route a couple of slots through it to mount the fence on.

Reply to
John Rumm

Make your own plate from 10mm perspex. Make an MDF template, and use the router to make a perspex copy. Keep the template for next time you want a new plate...

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow