Router and removal of plunge springs?

I have a cheap B&D 850W router and have just aquired a router table is it ok to remove the plunge router springs to ease placement of the depth of the cut as it is a bit akward with the router mounted underneath the router table?

The router will be a permenant fix in the table as I have a Makita job for heavy work.

Thanks for any input.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Perfectly allright, m'lord. Save the springs for later. Tom

Reply to
tom

I do 95% of my heavy work in the router table. Heck, I do 95% of my light work there also. Doesn't make any sense to put an 850w router in a table; put the good one there.

Reply to
Toller

I say, thanks for that. :-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Hah! but now and again I take the Makita out on jobs. :-) Tally Ho!