Rockler price gouging

I bought all my dust collection hoses and attachments at Amazon. I agree that they USUALLY have the best price, but the free shipping is only by slow boat to china.

I alos ordered my Vega U50 fence from them and waited 38 days before i cancelled the order and bought it locally in the Wauconda WoodWerks store for $25 more.

Reply to
Neil Larson

on 4/8/2005 8:47 AM Neil Larson said the following:

All depends on what you order, when and who they have drop ship it to you. Much of what is sold by Amazon (and other internet stores) is from a different vendor. I've had experiences like yours (waited forever for a option ordered for my CSMS stand) and I've had occasions where, like a recent order from Rockler, it seems I just logged off the computer and UPS is asking me to sign.

I accept that it may take some time and since they don't charge my CC until they ship and I don't order stuff that I "gotta have right now, immediately or else" by the internet UNLESS I'm willing to confirm and pay for FedEx overnight, it doesn't bother me.

Haven't been in WoodWerks for probably four years. Any major changes in the line, prices, etc.?

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly do. Right after I do that, I go down to the local police station and pay the appropriate fine for every time I exceeded the speed limit but no policeman was around. Then, I send JOAT some wood and my virgin daughter to recompense the woodworking gods for that stain that found itself on some cherry. Finally to end the day I search out a couple of Cabal members so that they can pound me a few times with their Klown Hammers for any and all off topic posts I have ever made. I feel much better and at peace with the world after all of that.

Dave Hall

Reply to
Dave Hall

If those services were rendered in an efficient manner, our taxes could easily be cut by 15% or more.

Let's ire a bunch of people and do a study to tell us how to reduce government. We can send those people to the Department of Redundancy Department.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Not necessary. The guvm'nts already ired enough people.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Actually, it was the last one, in stock at the time. Ron

Reply to
Ron