Re: Sears Radial Arm Saw Motor Problems

Hi: I have a sears radial arm saw too and last year it died on me. The shop told me if it was the centrifugal switch which could not be purchased it could be replaced with an electronic one and that is what yours look like in the pictures. The original centrifugal switch is history. Mine had an intermitant open starting winding. They could not find the source of the problem so they rewinded the motor. Cost me $275 Canadian but still a lot better than $1000. I have mine wired for 220 and I first took it to the largest and most respectable motor shop in the area. I did not tell them it was wired for 220 and they told me it could not be fixed but could not find anything wrong with it. I then took it to a small shop and he was a lot more helpful and knowledgable. I believe the problem at the first shop is that they assume it was 110.

Glad to hear that you have your saw working again. Sounds like somebody did not buy a 220 receptacle but used a 110 receptaclel instead, not a very safe thing to do.

Eric

Reply to
ejc