Robin Hartl - Leaves Hometime - YIKES

Good Lord, it's now Paige Davis.

FYI: In the newspaper today.. Paige Davis is leaving Trading Places. Her last episode will air in March.

Reply to
SawDust (Pat)

I don't agree. Thinking back several years to the younger Robin. The last thing I was thinking about nailing was a hunk of wood. :)

Pat

Reply to
SawDust (Pat)

And they'll be surprised if they achieve a no viewer format, but won't be sure who to blame. Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

I had this old adage on my office wall:

A Japanese Company and an American Company had a boat race. The Japanese Company won by a mile. The Americans hired consultants to determine what went wrong. The consultants said that the Japanese Company had six rowers and one manager while the American Company had four managers and two rowers. The Americans immediately restructured it's team to have three Sr. Managers, three Managers and one rower. In the rematch, the Japanese Company won by two miles - The Americans fired the rower.

Reply to
D. J. Dorn

>>> You'll probably be disappointed to learn that just like Robin, Paige Davis

WHAT?!?!?! That's 95% of the reason I watch... That and to see the crap they pump out. She looks FANTASTIC in High Definition.

Reply to
Larry Bud

She was the ONLY reason to watch, in my opinion! The show was too painful for me to watch, she did not make up the differance though! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

LOL, how sad and yet.... how true.

Reply to
TBone

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:30:55 GMT, the inscrutable B a r r y spake:

Just so you know why I quit drinking:

's a large animation, so wait until it loads and starts moving. (I could have done that in 1/5 the file space using Photoshop, but I didn't make the file.)

As for Robin's butt, this is my favorite pic of her:

Was that an African +
or European Swallow? + Gourmet Web Applications ========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Surprised no one's posted these yet: (safe for work as far as I can tell):

Jason Quick

Cool...

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I have a friend who knows Robin. Here's the real scoop.

Hometime offered to renew her contract for the 13th season last August-04. Throughout 2004, Dean and Robin participated as spokespersons for Little Giant Ladder and shot an infomercial demonstrating the product. Within months, the infomercial was ranked among the top 10 in the country.

Little Giant Ladder replaced Dean with Richard Karn (Al from the sitcom Home Improvement) and asked Robin to continue as a spokesperson and shoot a new infomercial with Richard. As I understand it, because of her contract with Hometime, she had to leave the show in order to take the deal with Little Giant.

Apparently the deal was too good to pass up. So she declined the offer to renew with Hometime for a 13th season.

Reply to
bctarbox

It is a great infomercial. :-)

Reply to
Jaime

I have a friend who knows Robin. Here's the real scoop.

Hometime offered to renew her contract for the 13th season l­ast August-04. Throughout 2004, Dean and Robin participated as spokespersons for Little Giant Ladder and shot an infomercia­l demonstrating the product. Within months, the infomercial wa­s ranked

among the top 10 in the country.

Little Giant Ladder replaced Dean with Richard Karn (Al from­ the sitcom Home Improvement) and asked Robin to continue as a spokesper­son and shoot a new infomercial with Richard. As I understand it, be­cause of

her contract with Hometime, she had to leave the show in ord­er to take the deal with Little Giant.

Apparently the deal was too good to pass up. So she declined­ the offer to renew with Hometime for a 13th season.

Reply to
Max

Somebody ranks infomercials?

For that matter, someone out there has so little of a life that they sit through them? TV is bad enough without the "content" being a 30 minute commercial.

If I wasn't married, I wouldn't even bother with cable or sat TV, with so much to do and so many places and people to see.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

I agree - I'm in the same position and it gripes me every month to pay for

50 more channels that are full of commercials. If it wern't for History, Discovery & HGTV, I'd probably tank it anyway.

Don

Reply to
D. J. Dorn

I've often told my sons that if they were not still living with me (ages 14 and 20 years) I would not even have cable. I only use the tv to watch dvd's.

Reply to
jaime

I really ought to. The big trouble with it is that it's addictive. I sit down to watch one show and the whole evening's shot. Nice thing about movies is you go to the movie and 1-1/2 to 5 hours later it's over and you either have to go out to the lobby and get another ticket or go do something else.

Reply to
J. Clarke

You too, huh? My wife insists on one TV in the living room, one in the kitchen, and one in her hobby room. I've been known to watch the news, Jeopardy, and the occasional PBS show on the one in the living room but I could easily do without cable and still get those.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Hi Does any one where Robin is going. We need more DIY shows. Hopefully she will host a new one.

Reply to
gwj2001