Robin Hartl - Leaves Hometime - YIKES

No one that I've ever heard of can remember the first girl, Peggy Knapp (I know I never saw her), but she was on for one season before JoAnne, who was on for four years. Then Suzanne Egli was on for one season (I thought she was much hotter than Robin and I think she's the one that helped with the garage), and was replaced by Robin.

This is all covered at the Hometime webpage,

- LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 17:05:23 -0700, the inscrutable Doug Winterburn spake:

I keep getting dizzy around her; no blood left in the upper head, I guess. Did you see her in the black leather pants after she did the round bed surround in the one show, where they wrapped bending plywood and veneer on the freestanding oval whatchahoozit? Maaaaaan, hot, hot, hot!

Of course, I love little Robin Kip, too. I don't recall which show she was on, and she could barely hammer a nail, but she was a little darlin'. Petite -does-it- for me. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------- Please return Stewardess to her original upright position. --------------------------------------

Tagline-based T-shirts!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If you watched it. Joanne was leaving Hometime because she wanted to take a shot at stand up comedy. I guess that last show was to help launch her new career.

Within a few months her own "home reno" show was on the air.

Makes me wonder whether her comedy career died very quickly, or maybe Joanne just got the last laugh.

---------------------

I liked the young Robin. Following the shows line, of a young couple attacking a remodeling job, it worked. In the end, with the high end hair and makeup, she just didn't look like anyone who would hold a hammer or use a saw.

Pat

Reply to
SawDust (Pat)

No, missed it thank goodness - coulda led to a massive...

Aha, another spinner affectionado ;-)

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

I actually do remember Peggy Knapp. As I recall they worked on a rather unimpressive little white house (not too dissimilar to my own house). I believe she later moved on to the science show Newton's Apple. Come to think of it, I used to work with a guy named John Knapp who had worked on Hometime for a year or two but I never thought to ask him if he was related to Peggy. I liked Suzanne. I'm sorry she left the show. I think I must be in the minority in that I never much cared for Robin. She's not bad looking but there's something about her -- I can't even say exactly what -- that I find annoying. Give me Amy Winn from TS or Jennie from In A Fix.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Difficult to predict.

After all, when she leaves, they'll be Hart-less.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:55:09 -0700, the inscrutable Doug Winterburn spake:

Bloody 'ell. I'm glad I swallowed that last sip of coffee just before clicking to your reply, dude. Ya almost GOT me. ROTFLMAO!

"Why is the ski rope handle hanging from the bedroom ceiling fan, Larry?"

Reply to
Larry Jaques

... snip

They are easy on the eyes, aren't they? Lisa LaPorta on "Designed to Sell" is also a winner IMHO.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety

Army General Richard Cody

Mark & Juanita

Yeah, I remembered that thread, and her butt, of course, rather fondly.....

Reply to
put "RP" in front of the 774

With regard to the shorts, I stand corrected, but then I haven't watched the show much for several years. I do however stand by the bimbo/dimwit characterizations.

Reply to
Kevin

Time for you guys to upgrade, geez.

Larry Bud

She used to be sort of young and cute, but now she is maturing into a rather attractive young woman. And still fits a nice pair of jeans.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Time for you guys to upgrade, geez.

Larry Bud

LOL! I was thinking the same thing... I'm too young to be in this hobby!

Reply to
Larry Bud

I don't even go for the silicone-stripper blondie type, either, preferring the girl next store look.

I don't get the whole Robin Hartyl thing.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

It's very simple. What is better than a woman you find attractive?

It's a woman you find attractive that likes the same things you do. Obviously since there are so few woman in the woodworking industry as compared to the amount of men, when you find one, it automatically makes her more attractive than she might otherwise be.

Reply to
Upscale

That has the ring of "...all the girls look prettier at closing time..."

Reply to
Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~

You'll probably be disappointed to learn that just like Robin, Paige Davis is leaving her show too. The knuckleheads in charge of programming at TLC have continually messed around with the format and concept of Trading Spaces (not to mention over-exposing it with numerous spin-offs and specials) and seem surprised that the ratings have not held up, so their solution was to fire Paige and go with a no-host format starting next season.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety

Army General Richard Cody

Mark & Juanita

NOOOOO! Say it ain't so! She was one of the reasons (besides Amy) to

*watch* the bloody show. ... and they are expecting the ratings to improve after she leaves, ....how?