Rikon_Customer_Service!

I called Rikon to tell them about my bad bandsaw motor and they had me check out a few connections first. I called them back to let them know the problem was still there and they are sending me a NEW motor.

I asked if they wanted me to send them the old motor back and they said "Nah, just use it for parts."

I almost crapped myself. That to me is excellent customer service! Lets hope I can get the new motor on!

You always here people bitch about bad customer service, I just thought I would share my experience with some AWESOME customer service!

Reply to
stoutman

That's great. I missed the thread about what was wrong with your motor. What was/is wrong?

Gary

Reply to
GeeDubb

I have had similar good service with JET. Its nice to know Rikon is focused on customer service.

Dave

Reply to
Teamcasa

The sad part in this story is that there is conditioning to view this as excellent customer service. The company sold a saw with a defective motor. Sending you a new motor that you have to install is absolute minimum required service, not excellent.

When I had a casting defect in the sliding table on my jet tablesaw, the company sent a tech and factory rep to my house, inspected, and paid for delivery and assembly of a complete new table saw. I did not have to lift a finger.

Bob

Reply to
bluemax1811-newsgroups

stoutman

Sadly, I also agree with this. Still, it's nice that they didn't give him a ration of crap and make him ship the motor back at his expense.

Purchase a new, old stock PC 690 router kit with the fixed and plunge base. The first time I went to put the router in the plunge base, it would not fit. The router had never been spun up, the plunge base never used, not marred, bent, etc. Out of round sufficient to screw up the works. Took the whole kit and kaboodle to the nearest PC/Delta service center and was told by the manager there, "It's (the base) bent. No receipt? Buy a replacement. Want just the bent part or the whole thing." Nah, since you're blind and can't see that this is how it shipped, just give me the housing, I'll assemble it better than your trained monkeys and keep it as a reminder of the last PC tool I'll ever buy.

Have to agree with service above and beyond with JET/WMH. Trying to get a blade guard and anti-kickback unit for a vintage JCS-10 that I purchased used with the items missing, I spoke with a VERY nice young lady at their national parts/tech center. We finally figured out exactly what was needed, put together the order, etc. Once it arrived it turned out that not only did they send out the wrong blade guard, they sent out the wrong arbor. I called back, spoke with the same lady who straightened the matter out in a day, called me back and told me to keep the wrong parts for whatever use I might have for them and that she was sending out all the CORRECT parts that I ordered by FEDEX. Oh, yeah, she also told me she was issuing a credit on my credit card and, as a result, the parts were totally gratis. Will I buy/recommend Jet again? Damn straight.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I have an extra 3hp Jet motor laying around because of the same awesome customer service. The old motor has nothing wrong with it as the diagnosis was wrong.

Reply to
Leon

Similar story here. My Jet jointer arrived with a dented capacitor cover due to rough handling. I called Jet asking for a new cover and they sent a whole new motor! Guess they (or their lawyers) didn't trust me to make the replacement :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Pass it on. Put it on e-Bay!

Someone should send this thread to JET! Certainly makes one think they are the go to tool place!

Reply to
Gooey TARBALLS

Heh, my capacitor cover is dented too, but it's because I knocked the riser block off the frame while pushing it around during assembly.

Shame on me, but I won't ask for a new cover. I leave it there and use it to remind myself how careless I can be.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

No, I have room for it and will hang on to it in case the one I am using goes bad.

Reply to
Leon