Replacement Fence Assembly and Dado Insert for 10" Craftsman Contractor Table Saw Model #113.298842

I need a new fence assembly for the above mentioned model Craftsman table saw. Sears is no help and I was wondering if there was an aftermarket one available. I need a dado insert or zero clearance insert for the same saw, again Sears is no help. I made a tracing of the insert area and went to Lowe's, Home Depot and the like and couldn't find one the same size where the screw hole lines up. I made a zero clearance insert years ago out of particle board that I still use, but I'd like one out of the new composite material. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Reply to
Sue

Leon

Sue wrote in news:eq6yB.1014867$ snipped-for-privacy@fx12.am:

For insert plates: Take a look at Woodcraft and Lee Valley. Both carry a wide variety of insert plates and should have something to fit the saw. Both companies should respond to an e-mail in a timely manner. Expect to spend at least $20.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Leecraft is your best bet if not fabricating your own. might be available @ Amazon, Woodcraft, etc.

Spalted Walt

I've heard that many folks use Biesemeyer fences on their Craftman TS, but it may be pretty pricy by the time you change the rails too.

As far as zero clearance inserts, have you considered making your own from

1/4 plywood? I had a stack of old drawers bottoms that were a full 1/4 and perfectly flat, so,I made a bunch of insert blanks. Some are now zero clearance, and some are dado inserts.
Reply to
DerbyDad03