Craftsman Model 113 299132

I am looking for a 12" inserd for my craftsman model 113 299132. I am having real trouble in finding one and assistance would be appreciated.

Jack

Reply to
Jack

What is an "inserd" and what is a 113 299132?

Reply to
bob

Reply to
Mapdude

Oops...my mess up..Yes....

Ita a zero clearance insert and it's a table saw. Sorry...

It's a 12 incher with 220 volts. I got the thing free a while ago, its a nice saw. and have been doing with a temp insert. But I really want a decent one. This model number 113 299132 isn't even on the Sears web site or anywhere.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Adkins

The saw is listed on Sears web site. The standard insert is part # 62473. Make sure you enter a "period" the "113" without a space before the "299132".

Nova

Reply to
Jack Adkins

Well, called Sears. And guess what. They dont provide the item any more and no xref.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Adkins

I used to have an old Craftsman contractor saw that had an insert less than 1/8" in thickness. I had a hard time finding an insert for the saw and since it was so thin my shop made insterts didn't hold up very well. I finally found some decent inserts at a "The Woodworking Show". The vendor was "The Woodworkers' Choice" (TWC). You might try there:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

Make sure to go to

It's the Sears site for parts.

Type in your part number as 113.299132

I just tried it using your madel number, and it found it just fine. It's listed as "Craftsman 12-Inch Motorized Table Saw"

It shows that there are parts lists and parts diagrams available for..

Table Assembly Motor Assembly Repair Parts Guard Assembly Motor Switch Box Housing Rip Fence Assembly Miter Gauge Assembly

And yes under the Table Assemby Diagram, it shows the table insert as Item #5 The Parts list for the Table Assembly Diagram shows part #5 as INSERT, TABLE 62473

Reply to
Timothy Drouillard

Yes, I did that. Then I attempted to but some. That is when I got the "We're Sorry, Due to unavilability..." message.

Reply to
Jack Adkins

Aha. Understood. Just wanted to make sure you were trying the correst web site and not just Sears.com.

At least you have the proper part no. and now know what to look for.

Reply to
Timothy Drouillard

If you have the original insert, use that as a template to make as many extra inserts as you need. Use melamine or Phenolic or even Baltic Birch plywood

John

Reply to
John Crea

I just pick a 113.299132 from an old barn. It’s dirty, but it should clean up okay.

Reply to
bob

It is a very good saw. I have a Table Saw 113 2990301 and use it to make picture frames. While it is not show room perfect it is in very good conditions for a saw purchased in 1969 new.

I don't know what condition your table is, but I remove rust stains with a very fine piece of sand paper, clean it with mineral spirits and auto rubbing compound, and then polish it with auto wax.

My father in law purchased the say and I got it when he died in the late

1980's. I think he would be pleased with the way I have kept his saw.
Reply to
knuttle