Repair laminate flooring?

Hi,

I know this is a little off topic but I dropped a tool on a wood laminate floor and have to repair it. Anyone had experience with this?

The floor looks like red mahogany. I'm afraid to fill it with plastic wood because even if I stain it, it won't have the same semi-gloss sheen.

Any help appreciated.

Paul

Reply to
paul

paul wrote

I can't give you the answer that you want to hear. There is no way to get a really satisfactory patch on this type of flooring. This is something you give up with the cheaper price. I'm not clear on what you mean by "wood laminate" Do you mean the melamine coated particle board that has a wood grain look? In which case I would immediately seal the divot to keep out moisture then patch the best you can and live with it. Be very careful not to break the melamine skin surrounding the patch when making the repair. If your wood laminate has a real wood veneer then contact the manufacturer for a color matched filler. Still not great but better than nothing.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

A few years ago I installed some Pergo laminate flooring. They suggest you relace a section of plank by cutting and chiseling out the old section and then cut the tongue off the replacement plank and gluing in place. Your local sales outlet should have detailed instructions.

Doug Turner

Reply to
Doug Turner