Reid Jig & Fixture Catalog PDF download available

I know that jigs are a popular subject in this forum.

I came across this when looking for something else. I have used Reid before to replace hand wheels on old iron.

The request catalog page is here,

have four catalogs. All are available as downloadable PDF files.

The jig and fixture catalog PDF download site is.

is a 68 page publication.

This may be overkill for most. But it wouldn't hurt to have this publication around to steal some ideas on more ordinary jigs.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Nice link!

Thanks for posting it.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Got it, saved it ... thanks!

Reply to
Swingman

VERY useful. Thank you kindly, sir.

Robatoy

Sure thing Swingman.

I knew that somebody would find this useful. The Reid people saved my ass a couple times. They are good people.

I have worked with a lot of folks over the years who build prototypes of various kinds. The Reid catalog is a standard on their catalog and reference shelf. This jig and fixture catalog must be a new thing. I have not seen it before.

You do realize, of course, that if you build anything with these parts, you will be obligated share all the juicy details with us. ;-)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

"Robatoy" wrote

You are welcome sir.

I confess to knowing nothing of the countertop business. Just what do you use jigs for?

I have this vision of you using your Incredible Hulk sanding machine on a one ton countertop. You wouldn't need a jig for that!

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I do a lot of things besides countertops, although that is the bulk of my income these days. I still use a lot of jigs for sink and cook-top cut-outs. Locator plates for threaded inserts to mount undermounted sinks.. that sorta rot. Those types of catalogues are often the source of ideas as well: "if I hookup the thingema to a jig via a giggle-pin..." you know, that sorta thing.

Reply to
Robatoy