Any free shed plans available for download? PDF?

Does anyone know of any place I can download free plans for a small outhouse like garden shed like the one available at:

've seen smaller plans available for a few dollars, but I'm thinking there has to be something out there for free download in a PDF file or something. If anyone has anything I would appreciate it. Thanks,

Rob

Reply to
Rob B

We just finished building our own shed from scratch. Although it was a bit bigger than what you are looking for (12X20 feet, hip-roof, with

5-ft. sidewalls), we got the plans for free when we bought the lumber. (This was from a local "Carter Lumber" store, but most lumber stores offer this.)

Anyway, there were several plans to choose from, including the size you are talking about. Most internet plans will be very sketchy -- they want you to pay to download them. With my research, I never saw any detailed plans offered for free download.

If you will have to buy the lumber anyway, getting the plans at no charge saves a little. The lumber store lets you examine all the plans in the store to find what you want.

I can attest to saving money building a shed oneself, though, since we saved over $4500 with building our shed compared to buying a pre-built one of similar size. Now I can spend some of that money on the planting beds that will go around it -- whoo-hoo!

-- pelirojaroja

Reply to
-- pelirojaroja

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (-- pelirojaroja) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Wow, saved $4500, does that shed have indoor plumbing?

I was musing over building a shed last year. My back of the envelope calculations last year showed that a 12'x12' (not quite as big as yours, doesn't need permit in this city) would cost about the same a pre-made one. (24"OC framing $2/2x4x8, need about 36 => $72, 16 sheets 4x8 OSB for siding @$7 each => $112, about $200 for just the rough structure). I know it's like comparing tomatoes to eggplants, but just to give an idea.

I could have sworn I saw a shed plan on the Lowes web site. Too lazy to check, not too lazy mouth off about. Harbor Freight had a shed plans book for like $7 or you could go the library, they probably have some books on residential framing. It's not rocket science (at least for small sheds). That shed you have link to is tiny. You could probably duplicate it after reading a framing book and examining the picture.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

My prebuilt 12 X 16 with two lofts, two doors and a window cost $3,200 installed. It would be hard to save $4,500 on that!

However, I have seen plans at Home Depot. Get down there and check it out. But make sure that you really know what a prebuilt costs.

John

Reply to
John Bachman