Cheap garden shed motion detector alarm.

We have a tin garden shed with that has nothing of any particular importance in it, but there have been a few shed thefts locally. And i dont fancy the job of having to replace my garden tools.

Could anyone recommend a simple *motion-detector* alarm for the shed that is easy to set up and without being anything complicated. Thanks.

Reply to
john east

This is the one I use, I extend the length of the cord with a piece of string so that it extends the width of the open door. The extended part hooks on to the pin/cord part so I just unhook it rather than disarming/resetting each time. Cost £11

ss

Electric fence generator wired to the "tin"?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Altai used to make a portable one that ran off batteries with just enough time to get in and out if you knew where it was. Obviously if the thief sees where you put it as you exit its very easy to defeat it. As for suppliers, CPC used to stock them, not looked of late.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

at the bottom of the page. "Remote car alarm"

Not suitable for outdoors use, so you need to put it inside the shed.

It's a battery powered PIR detector connected to a transmitter, linked to a battery powered receiver with a switchable alarm screamer or chime in the house. The transmitter unit I have will cover a reasonable sized room.

Over thirty yards range, with a nasty habit of false alarms at three in the morning every few weeks as the batteries go flat if you forget to change them both. The receiver can be plugged into the mains, the transmitter would be easily modified to work off either a 9 volt wall wart or keep a rechargeable battery ready to go.

I was given one by the police after the second attempt at stealing my car a while ago.

Reply to
John Williamson

Why were the police trying to steal your car? Or were you?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks. But i was really looking for something simple. For instance someone told me there was something like a padlock motion detector, but i dont know which of these; if any are any good.

Reply to
john east

Sorry, I honestly don't see how it could get any simpler. You hang the transmitter in the shed, and turn it on. You turn on the receiver. If anyone moves in the shed or opens the door, the receiver sounds an alarm. If you have two of them, you need to change some DIP switches on each unit so that they show the same code.

Reply to
John Williamson

I have one of these...

's the same unit Aldi were selling for about 3 or 4 quid last year. It's bloody loud and works well - currently doing trailer guard duty along with other security things.

Reply to
grimly4