Motion detector light pro

Sperrin:

S > I'm having problems with the lights above my garage which are on a S > motion detector. I guess to start, it is a brand new house (about 5 S > months old), and these motion detector lights have been working without S > any problems up until now (and I had not changed anything prior to S > having these problems). S > S > I noticed they were not coming on, but the red "sensor" light was still S > flashing. S > S > Upon checking closer, if I switch to "test" I can have continuous S > lighting. But when I switch to any delay in time (1, 5 or 20 minutes) S > when the lights shut off I can't get them back on. (checking this in the S > dark, using flashlight to play with light settings). S > S > What should I check now? I've never had a motion sensor before, but I'm S > sure it's gotta be pretty simple to fix? S > S > Any suggestions / ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

I'm thinking the sensor electronics got fried by a surge. Probably cheaper to replace the whole thing than buy the part. Lightening's sudden bright flash can also do nasty things to dawn-to-dusk sensors.

(We had one sensor get water in it -- not sure how that happened as was one of those in-the-light-pole styles.)

  • He is not balding; he is in Follicle Regression.
Reply to
barry martin

Could be your sensor got water in it. Each time we have a heavy rain which comes at my sensors, I experience the same symptoms you've described. Sometimes moving the sensor a certain way allows it to drain out. Other times it dries out on its's own...

Reply to
Jim